These turtle rice krispie treats have marshmallow rice krispie treats topped with a melty caramel layer, rich chocolate and crunchy salty pecans! They’re an amazing sweet and salty treat. These bars are rich and perfect for sharing!
**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TidingsAndTreats #CollectiveBias
A traditional turtle candy has a caramel mixture mixed with salty pecans all covered in chocolate. These rice krispie treats have the same great flavors, with a tasty and gooey marshmallow rice krispie layer too.
These turtle rice krispie treats start out with a traditional gooey marshmallow rice krispie treat later. Top that with a layer of melted caramel, that soaks into the rice krispie treats to make the whole bar a gooey caramelly treat. Then you’ll spread melted chocolate over the top and sprinkle it all over with chopped pecans.
Grab everything you need to make these amazing bars from your local Target! For these you need Kellogg’s Rice Krispies, butter, mini marshmallows, soft caramels, heavy cream, chocolate chips and chopped pecans!
These bars are one of my new favorite treats and I can’t wait to make batch after batch for the holidays. They are the perfect treat to share with friends, family and neighbors! And they’re great to make together as a family, even my two year old loves helping me stir and mix the ingredients together and sprinkle the nuts on top.
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5½ cups rice krispie cereal
- 16 oz soft caramels (1½ 11oz bags, unwrapped)
- 3 TBS heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Melt your butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in marshmallows, and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in your rice krispie cereal and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour cereal into a 9x13 in pan and press down evenly. (Don't squish too much!)
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine caramels and heavy cream over medium heat.
- Stir until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Pour and spread caramel evenly over the top of rice krispie treats.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments (for about 90 seconds total), stirring after each until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the caramel layer and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top of the chocolate evenly.
- Let chocolate set completely and cut and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will get a very small percentage in commission. There is no extra cost to you. I only link to products I use or own. Your help in supporting us and our blog is appreciated.
MAKE THESE DELICIOUS TURTLE RICE KRISPIE TREATS WITH THE HELP OF THESE KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS:
Rice Krispies will donate a toy to Toys for Tots for every treat you share with a photo using the hasthtag #Treats4Toys from September 26th to January 1st.