I have to say that I have been loving making red white and blue treats this year. I love the patriotic colors. But I especially love being able to use so many delicious fresh berries in my recipes too.
This red white and blue trifle is really simple to make, and because its made in individual jars I just think it that much cuter (and tastier – right?) plus, like I said, the red and blue berries with the fresh whipped cream and angel food cake give it the perfect festive feel for your upcoming Fourth of July celebrations – but really , it would be good all year round I think too.
And here you go:
- 1 angel food cake loaf
- strawberries, chopped
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 6 TBS sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz jars
- Put your cream, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whip all ingredients together.
- Whip quickly (with a mixer if you have one) until peaks begin to form. (Don't keep whipping otherwise you'll make butter). Set aside.
- Cut your angel food cake into slices and then cut each slice into small pieces about ½-1 inch sized.
- Layer about 4 pieces of angel food cake in the bottom of each jar.
- Put a layer of strawberries.
- Put about 2 TBS whipped cream over the strawberries.
- Put a layer of blueberries.
- Put another 4 or so pieces of angel food cake over the blueberries
- Top with another 1-2 TBS whipped cream.
- Top with additional berries for decoration.
Enjoy this delicious patriotic red white and blue dessert!