This quinoa corn salad is great for a main dish or side. Its loaded with quinoa, chickpeas, green pepper, corn, tomatoes and more!
This quinoa corn salad may have just became my favorite main dish salad. I have made it twice in less than a week and I am ready to make it again! and again! and again!
You might ask why and I should let the quinoa corn salad sell itself, which it will when you take your first bite. But until then let me explain why.
Hmmmm….. maybe because of the sweet corn sauteed in garlic
or the spice combinations of chili powder, salt and pepper, and fresh lemon juice
or the amazing protein in chickpeas and quinoa
or the burst of flavor from fresh green peppers and tomatoes
and definitely, most definitely, how healthy and fresh the whole salad is, how tasty, how delicious!
Have I convinced you!?! Are you already gathering the ingredients? I bet you are saying “sssssssssssshhhhhh!” let me just eat this quinoa corn salad already!!!!!!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas (drained)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 medium green pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Add the minced garlic clove and corn, saute for 3 to 5 minutes - stirring occasionally to not let it burn
- In a medium bowl add the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, chopped green peppers, and diced tomatoes - mix to combine
- Let the corn and garlic cool for a few minutes and then add to the quinoa mixture
- Add the lemon juice and spices, combine
Why did you love this quinoa corn salad?