A creamy and cheesy chicken chowder packed full of potatoes, corn, shredded chicken and cheese. Top each bowl with cheese, bacon, and green onions for a burst of flavor with each bite, perfect for a cold day!
This delicious chicken chowder is sponsored by College Inn Broth as part of TapInfluence Network.
In my neck of the woods its still officially soup season, we’ve got snow on the ground (although the sun is actually shining today for the first time in like a week!) and temperatures in the 30s brrr so I love warming up with a big hot bowl of homemade soup!
This cheesy chicken chowder is perfectly hearty, creamy, cheesy, flavorful and so delicious! Its packed full of potatoes, corn, chicken broth (I used College Inn Chicken Broth from Walmart!) shredded chicken, cheese, and half and half.
Each bowl of soup should be topped with a heaping helping of shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and sliced green onion to add extra crunch and flavor!
This soup is perfect to add to your winter soup rotation! You’ll love grabbing a big hearty bowl after a cold day playing in the snow, or heck even if you live in Southern California 😉 This is a delicious meal you’ll love feeding to your family and your whole family will love!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup diced onion (1/2 large yellow onion)
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 3 cups corn (2 15oz cans drained)
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 cups diced potatoes (2-3 potatoes)
- 4 cups College Inn low sodium chicken broth
- ½ TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper, to taste
- 2 large raw chicken breast
- 1½ cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- crumbled bacon
- diced green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot melt your butter over medium heat.
- Add your onion and garlic and saute until clear and tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add you corn and stir together, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add your flour and stir into the vegetables.
- Add in your potatoes, chicken broth, chicken breasts, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender, and chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally. (About 15 minutes total)
- When chicken is cooked remove from pot and shred while soup continues to boil. Return shredded chicken to pot.
- Add in your half and half and cheese. Cook an additional 5 minutes or so till soup is hot and thickened.
- Serve, and top each bowl with crumbled bacon, green onions, and shredded cheddar cheese.
College Inn broths have been around for almost 100 years and they only use the highest quality ingredients to make their broth. Don’t forget to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas! College Inn encourages home cooks to POUR LOVE INN, because they are showing they care with great home-style flavors and ingredients! And we know we want love poured “inn” to every meal our families eat.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn Broth . The opinions and text are all mine.
If you like this chicken chowder soup, you’ll like these too: