These Hawaiian meatballs are the easiest recipe made in the crockpot with just 3 ingredients. They’re perfect served as an easy appetizer, or over rice for dinner!
This meatball recipe is only 3 simple ingredients, frozen meatballs, barbecue sauce, and pineapple making it the perfect meal when you need something easy. It’s only a few minutes of prep and everything is thrown in the crock pot for the easiest dish!
I was inspired to make these meatballs from my Hawaiian BBQ Chicken with similar flavors. The meatballs are coated in a sweet and tangy sauce with rich flavors that the whole family will love, and makes these Hawaiian flavors happen even easier.
These Pineapple BBQ Meatballs are so good as a main dish served with some rice, and some rolls for dinner on busy weeknights.
And they’re a perfect appetizer. I love meatballs for almost any occasion, they are the perfect party food, great for potlucks, the holidays, game day, or any time of year whenever you’re feeding a big group.
Why These Meatballs are the Best?
- So easy. This recipe is only 3 ingredients, and all made in the slow cooker! So it’s the perfect dish when you need something hands off, that can be ready in a short time.
- Great for a crowd pleasing party appetizer, or easy main dish. This recipe makes enough for about 8 people as a main dish, but can easily be adapted to feed even more.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this 3 Ingredient Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- BBQ Sauce: Use whatever your favorite homemade or grocery store bought BBQ sauce is, because the flavor of the sauce is what will really carry this recipe. My favorite bbq sauce is Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce.
- Canned Pineapple Chunks: You can also used Crushed Pineapple if you prefer not to have the chunks.
- Frozen Meatballs: I love the Italian Style frozen meatballs from Costco, they don’t have a strong Italian flavor and are good with lots of different sauce options, including our in our Swedish Meatballs Recipe. But you can use your favorite meatballs, beef, chicken, turkey meatballs, or even vegetarian meatball options.
How to make Hawaiian Meatballs?
Place meatballs on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Pour the bbq sauce and pineapples (juice and all) over the top of the meatballs. Stir it all together
Cook the meatballs in the slow cooker on low for about 4 hours on low, or 2-3 hours on high until the meatballs are hot throughout.
Top the meatballs with chives or green onions and Serve the meatballs with toothpicks, or over white rice for dinner.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can also use your own homemade meatballs for this recipe, just make sure to cook them before adding them to the slow cooker.
- Add 1 TBS of grated ginger or minced garlic to the sauce for a yummy flavor.
- Add some chopped bell pepper (red bell pepper, or green pepper) to add some texture, and some veggies to this yummy dish.
What to serve with Hawaiian Meatballs?
Turn these easy meatballs into a full meal by serving them over rice, or some roasted potatoes, or King’s Hawaiian Rolls, and with some roasted veggies like carrots, green beans, or a side salad.
How to store leftovers?
If you have any pineapple meatballs left over you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. You can reheat the leftover meatballs in the microwave, or on the stove top until hot throughout.
You can also freeze the meatballs, let them cool completely, then transfer them to a freezer safe container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge for a few hours, then heat them up on the stove top, or in the slow cooker until hot.
You can also make an easy freezer meal by throwing the meatballs, pineapple and bbq sauce into a freezer safe bag and freezing before they’re cooked. Then just thaw overnight in the fridge and throw the whole thing in the slow cooker when you need it, if that helps save you a few minutes!
These slow cooker Hawaiian Meatballs are the best easy dish. They’re tangy, slightly sweet, and perfectly savory. So good for a game night, movie night, or watching the big game. They’re also delicious served up a delicious meal for a busy weeknight when you need something hands off.
More easy meatball recipes:
- Easy Swedish Meatballs
- Teriyaki Meatballs
- Italian Meatballs
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs // The Recipe Rebel
- Grape Jelly Meatballs // Taste and Tell
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
3 Ingredient Hawaiian Meatballs
- 40 frozen meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 20 oz Pineapple chunks (and juice in the can)
- Add the frozen meatballs to the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Pour the barbecue sauce and pineapple chunks over the top of the meatballs, and stir it all together.
- Cook the meatballs on high for 2 to 3 hours. Or on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve warm, over rice, or as an appetizer.