These air fryer chicken wings are the perfect way to get crispy wings, in less than 30 minutes, without any oil! The best crispy wings you’ll ever have, they’re delicious for dinner, or an easy appetizer!
These crispy air fryer chicken wings are the best. It’s the only way I cook wings now because you get that delicious crunchy outside, and super tender chicken inside in hardly any time and without any deep frying! If you’re not in the mood for wings, try these air fryer chicken tenders instead.
These chicken wings are perfect served up as an appetizer for watching your favorite sporting events. Just pair them with some jalapeno poppers for a delicious spicy mix. Or try some spinach dip, teriyaki meatballs, or taco cups so you have a full spread of delicious apps that everyone will love!
We also love to serve them up for dinner, with some mashed potatoes, or french fries. Even my kids love them.
These air fryer chicken wings are the perfect easy way to have crispy wings at home without deep frying them. This makes them a healthier alternative to traditional deep fried wings without any added oil, and a much quicker and crispier option to oven baked wings.
These wings are crispy, nice and sticky served up with your favorite wing sauces. I’ll share the recipe for my favorite honey buffalo sauce. But there are so many good sauce options you can choose your favorite! Or even do a half and half!
The Best Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Crispy without oil – These wings get the coveted crispy texture without any extra oil. This makes them much healthier than the deep fried version, but still with a nice crunch.
- Quick and Easy – only 4 ingredients, and these wings can be made in less than 30 minutes. If you’re thawing frozen wings, you’ll still be eating them within about an hour!
- Versatile Flavor – These wings can be coated in your favorite choice of sauce. They’re the perfect canvas for experimenting with different delicious flavors.
What are some good wing sauces?
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce
Ingredients Needed to make Air Fryer Wings
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- chicken wings – I like a mix of flats and drumettes
- salt and pepper
- wing sauce – choose your favorite sauce, or add our honey buffalo sauce (recipe below)
How to make chicken wings in the air fryer?
- Pat the chicken wings dry. Sprinkle them all over on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the wings in the air fryer and spread them apart enough so there is a little space between them to let the air flow. Cook them in batches if needed.
- Cook the wings in the air fryer at 400 F for about 10 minutes. Flip the wings pieces over and cook them for another 6 to 10 minutes.
- Coat the wings in your sauce in a small bowl, then return them to the air fryer to cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the sauce has glazed on them. Also make sure they have reached an internal temperature of at least 165. Serve with ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing.
Tips for making air fryer chicken wings?
- Flats and Drumettes – I recommend getting chicken wings that are already broken down into drumettes and flats. It’s a bit more expensive, but worth the extra cost to avoid the step of cutting them up, in my opinion.
- Give them space – Spread the chicken flats and drumettes apart in the air fryer so they don’t overlap. This will give them enough space to cook evenly and get crispy all around. (Cook the wings in batches if they won’t all fit at once).
- Check the temperature of some of your larger wings to make sure they reach 160 or 165 degrees internally. Then add your sauce and cook them for the last few minutes to get them nice and coated and make sure they reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to store leftover chicken wings?
These air fryer chicken wings are definitely best straight from the air fryer, but if you have leftovers you want to save for later, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to reheat leftover wings?
Toss your leftover wings back in the airfryer at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes, or until they are hot throughout. Then you can raise the temperature to 400 degrees for a couple minutes at the end to try and get the edges crispy again.
Can I use frozen wings?
Yes, you can use frozen wings. I recommend thawing them in a bowl in the fridge, or by adding them to a bowl with cold water. Refresh the water often as needed, until the wings are totally thawed.
These air fryer chicken wings are the perfect easy way to have crispy wings at home without deep frying them. They’re perfectly crunchy and crispy outside, juicy, inside, and so delicious!
Don’t forget to serve your wings with some ranch dip, or bleu cheese dip – especially if the sauce you pick is spicy!
More air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer S’mores
- Air Fried Oreos
- Air Fryer French Fries on Love and Lemons
- Air Fryer Onion Rings on Plated Cravings
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
For the Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
- 1 lb chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken wing sauce (buffalo, honey chipotle, bbq, etc.)
For the Honey Buffalo Wing Sauce:
- 2/3 cup Franks Red Hot Original Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBS butter
For the Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the wings all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the wings in one layer in the air fryer, with enough space in between each one to let the air flow freely. (Cook them in batches if they won't all fit at once)
- Cook the wings at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Flip the wings individually, or shake the basket to rotate them, then cook them for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Toss the wings in a bowl with your choice of sauce.
- Return the wings to the airfryer to cook for another 3-5 minutes, until the sauce has glazed on them, and they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve wings hot with ranch dressing, bleu cheese, and some celery if desired.
For the Honey Buffalo Wing Sauce:
- Add all the ingredients together to a small sauce pan. Heat the pot over medium and bring the mixture to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved and everything is blended.
- Serve over your wings.
- Store extra honey buffalo sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.