Blueberry banana bread is such a delicious twist on traditional banana bread, with the addition of blueberries and coconut. Its such a yummy flavor combination!
Oh, how I love a good banana bread. This recipe just took it to the next level by making it into a blueberry banana bread. The addition of blueberries and coconut makes this banana bread just so, so good. I have fallen for these two flavors a lot lately, using them in so many good ways.
I have been adding blueberries to salads, pancakes, and straight into my mouth. The coconut to more cookies than I ever really need to eat. I hope you will enjoy this recipe, I think it is delicious and wish I was not giving the loaf away.
The banana blueberry bread batter has yogurt and melted butter in for such a moist, delicious bread. Adding yogurt instead of oil makes everything seem healthier and certainly makes it very moist.
When baking this bread don’t over bake, the knife should come out just barely clean or mostly clean – you don’t want a sticky batter left on the knife but a tiny amount is okay. I always bake to the lower minute amount then add increments of 2 to 5 minutes to be careful to not over bake.
Banana Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 small to medium bananas
- 6 oz yogurt*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 1 9×5 loaf pan.
- Melt butter and mix in sugar. Add eggs one at time and mix in well.
- Add bananas and mash while mixing in.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and blend in well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend in well.
- The first few steps you could use a hand mixer but now just gently stir in with a large spoon the coconut and blueberries.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes, until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 to 10 minutes, remove gently and cool on wire rack. After cooling, serve and eat.
Recipe first posted on March 8, 2012. Photos and recipe updated on July 31, 2018.