These banana cream pie cookies taste like banana cream pie all wrapped up in a delicious cookie!
These banana cream pie cookies are soft, with a little chewiness and the perfect banana flavor in every bite. They’re so easy to make, thanks to a pudding mix for flavor, and so so yummy!
Now, making banana cream pie isn’t the hardest pie you can make – but you still have to make pie. And well, cookies are always easier than pie! (Ps. Where the heck did the phrase “easy as pie” come from? Pie is not easy)
These banana cream pies are amazing. And they taste just like banana pudding, and they’re full of graham crackers, and white chocolate chips. The same delicious flavors as banana cream pie, in portable, handheld, soft, chewy, delicious cookies.
If you love banana cream pie, then you have to make these cookies!
Ingredients Needed to make Banana Cream Cookies?
- granulated sugar and brown sugar – for sweetening the cookies
- unsalted butter
- eggs – to hold everything together, and help give the cookies lift
- vanilla extract
- banana cream pudding mix – because it gives all that banana cream flavor
- salt – to balance the flavor
- baking soda – to give the cookies life
- white chocolate chips – since we can’t have whipped cream, these add a bit of sweetness
- graham crackers – just like a banana cream pie crust
How to make banana cream pie cookies?
These banana cream pie cookies are pretty typical to most cookie recipes, cream the butter and sugars, add in the eggs, add in the dry ingredients, then the mix ins and voila – but we’ll break it down for you a bit more than that
You’ll mix together your butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Stir them together for a couple minutes, until the mixture gets lighter in color and is a bit fluffy.
Add in the eggs, vanilla, and stir them all together until they are just combined.
Then add in the dry ingredients, the flour, the pudding mix (the dry powder), baking soda, and salt and stir it all together till you have a nice and soft cookie dough. Fold in the white chocolate chips and the graham cracker pieces.
Scoop the dough into 1.5 Tablespoon sized balls (I like to use this cookie scoop) and roll them into balls and place them onto a baking sheet. (I do 12 on a sheet with rows of 3 across, and 4 down).
Bake the cookies up until they just barely look done. The cookies will keep cooking for a few minutes on the cookie tray, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely and enjoy!
Tips for Making Banana Cream Pie Cookies:
- Save a few white chocolate chips to put on the cookies right before the go in the oven, or right after they come out. (I do this with all my chocolate chip type cookie recipes). It makes the cookies a little cuter 😉
- Instead of graham cracker pieces in the cookies, you could also break up Nilla Wafers, or Shortbread Cookies.
- Try chocolate chips or butterscotch chips for a different yummy flavor!
These soft and chewy banana cream cookies are some of my favorite. They’re perfect for banana cream pie lovers, and such a sweet, refreshing, delicious cookie flavor!
More banana cream recipes?
- Banana Cream Pie with Pudding Mix
- Banana Cream Icebox Cake
- Banana Cream Pie Bars
- Banana Cream Pie Cookie Cups
- Banana Cream Pie from Scratch
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Banana Cream Pie Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks, room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups +2 TBS all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3.4 oz package instant banana cream pudding mix (dry, not prepared)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped graham crackers (about 5 graham crackers, crumbled into small pieces)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter, until well mixed, and light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Add in the flour, pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Stir in completely until you have a nice soft dough.
- Fold the graham cracker pieces and white chocolate chips evenly into the dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 2 Tablespoon sized scoops, and roll them into smooth balls.
- Place about 8 cookie balls, on to each prepared baking sheet. Place them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes until lightly golden on the sides, and the tops are just barely set. They might not look all the way done.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 8 minutes on the cookie sheet, as they'll keep cooking as they are there. Then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These banana cream pie pudding cookies were first posted on August 13, 2013. The photos and text were updated for clarity on March 26, 2021.