This biscuit breakfast casserole is such a hearty and delicious breakfast, loaded with biscuits, sausage, eggs, and cheese. It’s a perfect breakfast for a crowd, for the weekends or holidays!
This biscuit breakfast casserole is the perfect hearty, savory breakfast. It’s always a hit, with the soft biscuits, eggs, lots of gooey melty cheese, and flavorful sausage! It’s great for Christmas morning, New Year’s Day brunch, Easter brunch, before Thanksgiving, or any old day of the week.
This casserole only takes a few minutes to throw together, or you can make it ahead of time if you don’t want to worry about the prep the morning of. It’s only a few ingredients too.
Ingredients needed to make Biscuit Breakfast Casserole:
- ground sausage
- canned biscuits
- shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
Biscuit Breakfast Casserole Variations:
- Instead of sausage add bacon, ham, or even skip the meat if you want.
- Add in some diced up veggies mixed in with the eggs. Some good choices would be onion, peppers, or mushrooms.
- Add in any of your favorite cheeses, pepperjack, swiss, colby jack, etc.
- For a little spicy kick, add in a dash of hot sauce to the eggs, about 1 teaspoon should be good. Or you can just add some on top when serving.
How to make Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits?
- Cut the biscuit into pieces and sprinkle them all over the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage evenly over the top of the biscuit pieces.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the top of the sausage.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Then pour it evenly over the top of the biscuit pieces and the sausage.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the casserole until the eggs are set, everything is cooked through, and the cheese is golden and melted on top.
Biscuit Breakfast Casserole Make Ahead Instructions:
If you want to assemble this casserole the night before, cover it with foil and refrigerate it overnight before popping it in the oven to bake. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Remove the pan from the fridge when the oven is preheating to let it come to room temperature a bit. It may take a couple extra minutes to bake if it is kept in the fridge overnight to make sure the center gets cooked totally through.
How to Store Leftover Biscuit Breakfast Casserole?
If you have any leftovers, cover up the rest of the pan with foil, and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat the leftovers in the oven or microwave until warm and enjoy!
This biscuit breakfast casserole is the perfect warm and hearty breakfast for a special occasion or holiday. It’s filling, cheesy, soft, flavorful, and so delicious!
More breakfast casserole recipes:
- Savory Breakfast Casserole
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole on Kitchen Fun with my Three Sons
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- 16 oz Italian Ground Sausage
- 16 oz canned Grand Biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Cook the sausage in a large saute pan and break it up into crumbles as you cook. Drain out the grease and set it aside.
- Cut each of the biscuits into 8 pieces. Sprinkle them evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the sausage evenly over the top of the biscuit pieces.
- Sprinkle half cup of each of the cheeses over the sausage.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits and sausage.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the eggs.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked through.
- Let the casserole set for about 5 minutes, then slice it up and enjoy.