This biscuit breakfast casserole is such a hearty and delicious breakfast, loaded with biscuits, sausage, eggs, and cheese. It’s a perfect breakfast for a crowd, for the weekends or holidays!
This biscuit breakfast casserole is the perfect hearty, savory breakfast. It’s always a hit, with the soft biscuits, eggs, lots of gooey melty cheese, and flavorful sausage!
It’s great for Christmas morning, New Year’s Day brunch, Easter brunch, before Thanksgiving, or any old day of the week.
This easy breakfast casserole only takes a few minutes to throw together, or you can make it ahead of time if you don’t want to worry about the prep the morning of. It’s only a few ingredients too.
Ingredients needed to make Biscuit Breakfast Casserole:
- ground sausage
- canned biscuits
- shredded cheese
- salt and black pepper
Biscuit Breakfast Casserole Variations:
- Add your family favorite vegetables to this easy dish, for an even heartier dish. Saute them in the pan with the breakfast sausage for a few minutes to make sure they cook through. Some of our favorites are green pepper, onions, or mushrooms.
- Try substituting your favorite breakfast meat for the sausage, cooked bacon, or diced up ham are delicious. You can even skip the meat if you want.
- Add in any of your favorite cheeses, pepperjack, swiss, colby jack, etc.
- For a little spicy kick, add in a dash of hot sauce to the eggs, about 1 teaspoon should be good. Or you can just add some on top when serving.
How to make Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits?
- Cut the biscuit dough into pieces and sprinkle them all over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage evenly over the top of the biscuit pieces.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the top of the sausage.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Then pour egg mixture evenly over the top of the biscuit pieces and the sausage.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the casserole until the eggs are set, everything is cooked through, and the cheese is golden and melted on top. Sprinkle the top with green onions or parsley if desired.
Biscuit Breakfast Casserole Make Ahead Instructions:
If you want to assemble this casserole the night before, cover it with foil and refrigerate it overnight before popping it in the oven to bake. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 48 hours. It’s a great way to get breakfast ready beforehand, so you don’t have to do much work the next morning, especially for a holiday morning.
When you’re ready to bake it, remove the pan from the fridge when the oven is preheating to let it come to room temperature a bit. It may take a couple extra minutes to bake if it is kept in the fridge overnight to make sure the center gets cooked totally through.
How to Store Leftover Biscuit Breakfast Casserole?
If you have any leftovers, cover up the rest of the pan with foil, or transfer the pieces to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat the leftovers in the oven or microwave until warm and enjoy!
What to serve with breakfast casserole?
This easy breakfast dish can be served with a variety of sides to make a full meal. Here are some of my favorites:
- Fresh Fruit – Sliced up fresh fruit, or a colorful fruit salad
- Breakfast potatoes – hash browns, or roasted potatoes
- Yogurt or even yogurt parfaits
This biscuit breakfast casserole is the perfect warm and hearty breakfast for a special occasion or holiday. It’s filling, cheesy, soft, flavorful, and so delicious! And is a great breakfast the whole family will love.
More breakfast casserole recipes:
- Savory Breakfast Casserole
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Biscuits and Gravy Casserole on Kitchen Fun with my Three Sons
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- 16 oz Italian Ground Sausage
- 16 oz canned Grand Biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- Cook the sausage in a large saute pan and break it up into crumbles as you cook. Drain out the grease and set it aside.
- Cut each of the biscuits into 8 pieces. Sprinkle them evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the sausage evenly over the top of the biscuit pieces.
- Sprinkle half cup of each of the cheeses over the sausage.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits and sausage.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the eggs.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked through.
- Let the casserole set for about 5 minutes, then slice it up and enjoy.