Breakfast casserole are the perfect dish for breakfast or brunch; just add your favorite toppings like bacon, onions, green peppers, hashbrowns, and cheese (don’t forget the cheese) with eggs – so good!
I have eaten a few different breakfast casseroles in my life. Some are filled with sausage, some have broccoli, some have who knows what else. All have been delicious.
Well this weekend was a lazy weekend for us and I actually had time to make us breakfast or brunch. I have eaten lots of breakfast casseroles, but never made my own so today was the day. I didn’t want too much eggs cause I didn’t want a spongey texture. Well, the hashed browns get rid of that. And the green pepper and bacon add the perfect flavor. And well, of course the cheese… oh the gooey cheese is so delicious.
Well, this is the perfect breakfast casserole. I just made it in a small 8×8 (or 9×9 pan – not sure which size) because there are only 2 of us at home. This amount makes about 6-8 servings. But, if you have a bigger group to serve you can easily double this recipe. Yum!
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup green pepper (diced)
- 4 cups hashed browns (approximately)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon bits in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Once bacon bits start to brown a little add onion and green pepper pieces and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Put your eggs and milk in a blender and blend until combined.
- Spray a 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Put half of your hashed browns (2 cups) on the bottom of your pan.
- Add bacon, onion and green pepper mixture over the hashed browns
- Pour egg mixture over everything.
- Spread additional hashed browns over the top of the egg.
- Spread the cheese over the hashed browns.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes (PS. You can refrigerate overnight at this point before baking)
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Enjoy this easy and delicious breakfast casserole for a nice breakfast or brunch.