These no bake peanut butter bars are creamy, rich, and decadent. They’re only 5 ingredients, and the perfect chocolate and peanut butter treat.
These 5 ingredient no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are so easy. They’re creamy, thick, rich, and so delicious. And they taste like a peanut butter cup – who can say no to that?!
These bars are similar to our peanut butter buckeye balls, but even easier with no rolling, or individual dipping.
It’s one of the easiest dessert recipes ever, with only 5 ingredients, no baking time required, and only about 5 to 10 minutes of actual prep time needed.
They’re bound to be a new favorite treat with whoever you share them with. They’re great for a crowd, or saving up for when you need a little something sweet.
**This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links, at no additional costs to you.
Ingredients Needed to make Peanut Butter Bars:
- Butter: I like salted butter to add a little saltiness to the bars. If you use unsalted butter, then add 1/4 teaspoon salt when you add the peanut butter.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: These help give the bars structure.
- Peanut Butter: I suggest using creamy peanut butter to keep these bars smooth. And I recommend not using a natural peanut butter.
- Powdered Sugar: The sugar also gives the bars their structure, and keeps them nice and sweet.
- Chocolate Chips: Because chocolate just goes with peanut butter. Plus it helps the bars hold their shape a bit more.
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars?
Add in the powdered sugar till the mixture is soft. Then add in half of the graham cracker crumbs. Stir them into the mixture before adding the second half. The mixture should resemble cookie dough.
Press the mixture into a 9inch square baking pan and press it across the top evenly.
Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter to a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, until you can stir it totally smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter and spread it around into a smooth layer.
Cover the pan and refrigerate the bars for at least 1.5 hours. Carefully slice them up, and serve.
Tips for making Peanut Butter Bars:
- Line your pan with foil or parchment paper for easy removal of these bars. It makes them much easier to slice up and serve.
- I like to sift in my powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs to keep out any lumps and to keep the bars as creamy and smooth as I can.
- If you’re in a country where it’s hard to find graham crackers, you might be able to substitute ground up digestive biscuits instead.
- You can make these bars in a 9×13 pan to have a thinner peanut butter layer. You might want to use a bit more chocolate to go on top of the bars for the bigger pan.
- If you’re allergic to peanuts, while this might not be the recipe for you – you might be able to substitute almond butter, or sun butter, or other similar options.
- These are a great make ahead dessert option. You can store them covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- The bars can also be frozen. Wrap the individual bars in plastic wrap them in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
- The bars can be cut as big or as small as you’d like.
These peanut butter bars are creamy, smooth, rich, and so delicious. The perfect peanut butter and chocolate treat!
More peanut butter recipes:
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cake Mix
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 TBS creamy peanut butter
- Line a 9inch square pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Add the melted butter and peanut butter to a large bowl and whisk them together until they are nice and creamy together.
- Sift in the powdered sugar, and stir it completely into the butter mixture .
- Add in 1 cup of the graham cracker crumbs, and fold them into the mixture completely. Then the second cup of crumbs, until you have a nice soft dough like consistency.
- Press the mixture into your prepared pan, pressing it down evenly, and into all the corners.
For the Chocolate Layer:
- Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until you can stir them together into a creamy melted chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate over the top of the peanut butter mixture and spread it out evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Place the pan in the fridge to chill for at least 1.5 hours, until the chocolate is set.
- Lift the bars out of the pan and cut them up into slices and serve.