Halloween Popcorn Balls are delicious gooey marshmallow popcorn balls stuffed full of your favorite Halloween candies, perfect for a sweet and salty, crunchy treat!
I’ve gone a bit overboard making Halloween treats the last few weeks, and yesterday I shared the first one for the year! Our monster rice krispie treats are such a darling and easy Halloween treat, I promise you and your kids will love them! But these Halloween popcorn balls are another treat everyone will love.
I am excited to be participating in Cupcake Diaries 30 Days of Halloween Series again this year. Halloween is such a fun holiday where kids and adults alike have the chance to dress up in a cute (or scary) costume and eat as much candy as their bellies can muster. Our little one is going to be a dinosaur, I can’t wait to see him in the cute costume!
These Halloween Popcorn Balls are the perfect Halloween treat. Its a simple marshmallow popcorn recipe stuffed full of candy corn, white chocolate pretzels, and Reeses pieces for the perfect mix of flavors and crunch and of course the perfect Halloween colors too.
These little treat balls are not only adorable for Halloween, but they’re so delicious to eat as well. Such a yummy sweet and salty, gooey and crunchy treat!
These popcorn balls would be so perfect for a fun treat at a school Halloween party, or if you invite a few friends over to watch a spooky Halloween movie.
Looking for more cute Halloween treats to make this fall:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Halloween Popcorn Balls
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 cups mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Reeses pieces
- 3/4 cup candy corn
- 3/4 cup white chocolate pretzels (chopped)
- Pop your popcorn in an air popper, or a pan until all the kernels are popped. Put in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle popcorn all over with salt.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, melt your butter. Add in your vanilla and marshmallows.
- Stir constantly till the marshmallows are melted and creamy.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over your popcorn and stir until popcorn is fully coated.
- Allow to set for a couple minutes, then stir in half of your reeses pieces and candy corn.
- Separate your popcorn into 10 sections
- Press in the white chocolate pretzels (they'll melt if they go in sooner) into each section.
- Shape popcorn into balls. If the mixture is sticking to your hands, spray them with nonstick spray as needed.
- Press additional candies onto the outside of the popcorn balls.
- Place balls on parchment paper and allow to set for about an hour.
These Halloween Popcorn Balls were first published on September 21, 2014. Photos updated on September 24, 2018.
Now be sure to check out all the other awesome things in Cupcake Diaries fun 30 Days of Halloween Series!
‘); // ]]>