This funfetti cake batter fudge tastes like a piece of cake in fudge form. It’s only a few ingredients, and takes only a few minutes to make!
If you love sprinkles and cake batter desserts you will love this cake batter fudge. It’s made with simple ingredients, without a candy thermometer, in just a few minutes!
This funfetti cake batter fudge is very creamy, and very sweet. Cut it into small pieces to serve it up, and it’s a great option for a birthday party, holiday party. It’s such a fun sprinkle filled treat.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Cake Batter Fudge Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- White Chocolate Chips – use a high quality white chocolate, personally I like to use Ghiradelli chips, because other brands will be more greasy, or won’t set up as well.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – this makes the fudge extra sweet and creamy.
- Cake Mix – Use any brand of cake mix, just the dry mix. Use a white cake mix, funfetti cake mix, or yellow cake mix.
- Colorful Sprinkles – to make it extra fun and colorful. Try holiday sprinkles for different holidays to make the fudge festive.
How to make Cake Batter Fudge?
- Add the white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir it as much as you can. Repeat in additional 20 second increments until you can stir the chocolate totally smooth.
- Add in the cake mix and sprinkles and stir it well until the cake mix is completely stirred smoothly into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into a parchment paper lined square baking pan, and gently smooth the top of the fudge. Top with extra sprinkles if desired.
- Let the fudge cool at room temperature until it is set. Place it in the fridge to firm up quicker. Then slice it up and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you’re concerned about using raw cake batter mix, I recommend cooking the cake mix in the oven at 350 F for several minutes, until the mix reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Nonpareils (the little balls) will give you more of a crunch as you bite into the fudge. And jimmies will be softer and less obvious as you bite into the fudge. You can choose whichever you prefer, or do a mix of them both.
- You can use chopped white chocolate bars, white chocolate baking melts, or white chocolate chips in this fudge. Just make sure it’s a high quality chocolate, so if you’re using chips go for Ghiradelli or Guittard.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is fudge better with condensed milk or evaporated milk?
You need to use condensed milk for this fudge recipe as it is creamy and thick, and gives this fudge the right texture. Evaporated milk cannot be used as a substitute for this style of fudge.
Some other styles of fudge do use evaporated milk, and marshmallow fluff, etc, but those are cooked longer on the stove. Do not substitute evaporated milk in this recipe.
How to make Cake Batter Fudge on the stove?
You can also make this birthday cake fudge recipe on the stove top. Add the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate to a medium sauce pan and cook it over low heat, stirring it regularly as it cooks until the chocolate is melted.
Remove the pan from the stove top and stir in the cake batter and sprinkles. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and smooth the top out evenly with a rubber spatula, then let it chill before slicing.
How to store Fudge?
This fudge will last for 2 to 3 weeks if kept in an air-tight container in the fridge. I usually keep it in a ziplock bag, and enjoy it chilled straight from the fridge.
Can Cake Batter Fudge be Frozen?
You can freeze this funfetti fudge in one big slab or in individual pieces. Wrap the fudge tightly in plastic wrap, then place it inside a freezer safe zip top bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When want to enjoy the fudge, thaw the pieces in the fridge until soft enough to enjoy.
This funfetti cake batter fudge is a delicious cake batter flavored homemade fudge full of rainbow sprinkles, that is so fun for Christmas, a birthday party, or all year long!
More Fudge Recipes:
- Chocolate Microwave Fudge
- Microwave Caramel Fudge
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Christmas Fudge
- Strawberry Fudge
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Funfetti Cake Batter Fudge
- 2 cups high quality white chocolate (chopped, or chips)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup white cake mix (or yellow cake mix)
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Line a 8 or 9inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add the white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk to a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, this stir it as much as you can.
- Microwave in additional 20 second increments, stirring for about 20 seconds after each time to get it totally smooth (so you don't over heat it).
- Add in the cake mix and sprinkles, and fold them into the chocolate until the cake mix is totally stirred into the fudge.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and smooth out the top evenly.
- Let the fudge sit at room temperature for several hours, or place it in the fridge to set for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Carefully remove the fudge and cut it into pieces when ready to serve.