This one pot cheeseburger pasta is a cheesy tomato based pasta dish that is ready in less than 30 minutes, with the great taste of your favorite cheeseburger in pasta form!
Cheeseburger Pasta is an ode to the different Hamburger Helper boxes we all grew up eating as children. This cheeseburger pasta is a little different than the Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni, because that is more like a macaroni and cheese recipe, with ground beef. Where this cheeseburger pasta has seasoned ground beef, a tomato based sauce, in which the pasta noodles are cooked, and soak up the flavor perfectly.
The whole pasta dish is mixed with a little ketchup, because who doesn’t like ketchup on their cheeseburgers? And then mixed with the cheese to get it nice and melt. Top it with even more cheese, for the perfect gooey cheesiness in every bite.
This tasty cheeseburger pasta skillet can be made in less than 30 minutes, and is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner. Ready in 25 minutes and cooked up in one pot for the easiest clean up ever!
How to make one pot cheeseburger pasta?
To make cheeseburger pasta you’ll start by cooking up some chopped onions in a little oil in a large saute pan. Cook them for a couple minutes then add in your ground beef. Cook it till its all browned, crumbling it as you go. Drain out any extra grease.
Add in the garlic salt, onion salt, tomato sauce, beef broth, and pasta. Cook until the pasta is tender and the sauce is thickened, which was about 15 minutes total for me.
Stir in some ketchup and 1/2 cup of cheese. Top the whole dish with more cheese. Put a lid on the pot and allow to cook for about 2 minutes while the cheese melts. Enjoy hot!
This cheeseburger casserole is the perfect one pot dish, that is easy to make, ready in 30 minutes and a meal that your whole family will love!
Looking for more One Pot Recipes?
- One Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- One Pot Taco Pasta Casserole
- One Pot Sausage Pasta
- One Pot Easy Chicken Artichoke Pasta on Persnickety Plates
- One Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
One Pot Cheeseburger PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground beef (can sub ground turkey)
- 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth (or water)
- 2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese blend (divided)
- Heat olive in a large stock pot over medium high.
- Add in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef, and minced garlic, and cook, crumbling the meat as you cook it, until it's totally browned.
- Drain out the extra grease.
- Add in the garlic salt, onion salt, tomato sauce, beef broth, and pasta.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature to a simmer and continue to cook until pasta is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in ketchup.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Top pasta with additional cheese and cover the pot with a lid till cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.