This chicken tetrazzini is an easy, delicious, creamy, and cheesy pasta dish that takes less than 1 hour to make. It’s a great comfort food that the whole family will love!
This is one of our family’s favorite easy pasta dishes, because it’s hearty, creamy, and cheesy, and so tasty. It’s amazing served with some garlic bread, a side salad, and some roasted veggies.
This tetrazzini is a delicious baked pasta dish that is packed with shredded chicken, or turkey, and long pasta noodles, all covered in a creamy, cheesy sauce. It’s baked up all cheesy, and bubbly, and hot and I just know you’ll love it too!
This dish is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken, or other leftover cooked chicken. Or a perfect dish for using up turkey leftovers after Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Ingredients needed to make Chicken Tetrazzini:
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- fettuccine pasta – you can also use spaghetti noodles, or linguini, or even a medium length noodle if that’s what you prefer.
- shredded chicken breast meat – or turkey breast meat
- condensed cream of chicken soup – you can use a homemade cream of chicken soup if you prefer
- sour cream
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- frozen peas
- grated Parmesan
How to make Chicken Tetrazzini?
- Boil the pasta in a pot of water, according to the package to cook the noodles al dente. Drain the water and set them aside.
- Add the shredded meat to a large bowl and mix in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, some of the mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper, chicken broth, peas and mushrooms and mix until they’re all combined. Then add the cooked pasta noodles to the chicken sauce mixture. Transfer the coated pasta to a baking dish and spread it around the dish evenly.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over the top of the pasta.
- Bake the dish until the edges are bubbly, and the whole dish is heated throughout. Serve warm, topped with parsley.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can substitute the chicken for turkey (it’s a great way to use up leftover turkey meat).
- You can substitute a dry white wine for the chicken broth. Pinot Gridio or Sauvignon Blanc work great.
- You can leave out the peas and mushrooms, if desired. Or add in other vegetables, like chopped bell pepper, zucchini, par boiled broccoli, or carrots.
- For a garlicky flavor add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, or 1 TBS garlic paste to the pasta sauce.
- Make the pasta in two 8inch square pans so you can have one now, and give one to a friend. Or save it for another time.
How to store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave until warm.
Make Ahead Instructions:
This chicken tetrazzini is a great make-ahead meal. Assemble the casserole dish as instructed, but don’t bake it until you’re ready. It can stay in the refrigerator covered for up to 2 days. When you are ready to bake the dish, let it come to room temperature while the oven is pre-heating. Then bake at 350 F. for 40-45 minutes, or until the middle is completely warm.
You can also freeze the prepared (unbaked) casserole for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight before baking as directed above.
I like to double the dish so we can have one hot dinner now, and freeze the other pan for later so we can have a hot and cheesy dinner that we all love when we don’t want to deal with making dinner.
This chicken tetrazzini is the ultimate dinner when you’re craving something hearty and comforting. Even my kids love it, and I think your family will too!
More chicken pasta recipes:
- Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta (or spaghetti, or linguini noodles)
- 4 cups shredded chicken breast (or turkey breast)
- 2 (10oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (20 oz total)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- parsely (for garnish)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 3 quart pan (9×13 size or similar) and set it aside.
- Cook the pasta in a boiling pot of water according to the al dente directions on the box. Drain out the water and set the pasta aside.
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl, and mix in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper, and chicken stock and mix it all together until combined.
- Fold in the peas and mushroom pieces until mixed evenly.
- Add the pasta to the saucy mixture and mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top of the pasta.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cheese is golden, the mixture is bubbly and heated through.
- Serve warm topped with parsley, if desired.