This chocolate chip cookie in a mug is the perfect way to have the delicious flavors of a chocolate chip cookie in just a few minutes.
This chocolate chip cookie in a mug is made in just a few minutes, and is so delicious served warm with a big scoop of ice cream on top.
Instead of making a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and being stuck with a couple dozen cookies that you know you’ll want to eat, this chocolate chip cookie in a mug is a great option when you need something sweet super quickly. The only bad thing is you can have one in a few minutes, and its almost too easy to make you’ll want it every night of the week 😉
It doesn’t exactly have the texture of a chocolate chip cookie since its cooked in a mug in the microwave, it makes it kind of a mix of cookie and cake, but it’s delicious none the less, and I hope you love it as much as I do.
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug?
Add your butter to a mug or ramekin and melt it in the microwave. Add in the sugars and cream them together for about a minute.
Add in the egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir it into the sugar mixture.
Then add in the flour, and salt and stir it together until you have a soft dough.
Fold in most of the chocolate chips, then sprinkle the rest on top of the dough.
Cook the cookie in the microwave for 40 to 60 seconds, or until the top is set. Enjoy the dessert warm!
Tips for making Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug:
- Spoon and level your flour to keep you from getting too much flour, and being dry.
- Only use the egg yolk. The whole egg will be too much for this recipe. (Unless you’re doubling the recipe to make 2 mugs, then you can use a whole egg, double everything else, and split the batter in half between the 2 mugs).
- You can use mini or regular chocolate chips. Mini chocolate chips will spread throughout the cookie more, but regular sized will give you bigger pockets of melted chocolate.
- You can use any choice of chocolate chip, dark, milk, semi-sweet, white chocolate, butterscotch, etc. Or even a combination of your favorite with 1 TBS of each.
- You need a mug or ramekin that is at least 6 to 8 oz. Either works great, just make sure your container isn’t smaller so it doesn’t overflow. (Bigger will be easier for mixing up the dough)
- Watch the cookie closely while it cooks in the microwave checking first after about 40 to 45 seconds to keep the dessert from drying out. Different microwaves and mugs will effect the cooking time.
This chocolate chip cookie in a mug is the perfect easy dessert for one when you’re craving something sweet and you want it quick. It’s extra delicious topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
More mug dessert recipes:
- Microwave Mug Brownie
- Oreo Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Cookie in a Mug
- Funfetti Mug Cake on Kirbie’s Cravings
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 TBS granulated sugar
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 TBS mini chocolate chips (regular size is fine too)
- Add the butter to a mug and microwave it for 20-30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add in the granulated sugar, and brown sugar and stir it together until combined.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, and salt.
- Stir in about 1 1/2 TBS of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Microwave on high for 40 to 60 seconds, checking first after 40 seconds to see if the cookie looks done (it should spring back lightly when touched).
- Enjoy warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.