This Chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is the perfect creamy smoothie for a sweet breakfast or lighter dessert!
I love starting my morning with a smoothie. I am always one to have a sweet tooth, so smoothies are a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth with something a little healthier.
They’re a great way to start the day because they are filling, delicious, and often better for you than the high sugared cereals, or pancakes smothered in syrup that we might be eating instead.
This post contains references and/or links to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products.
Smoothies often aren’t super low calorie, but they are often made up with fruit and yogurt, which are a lot better for you than a lot of other options.
Smoothies are also a great option for a snack, or a late night treat that, at least, I don’t feel as bad about eating – because let’s be honest a lot of times I’m eating cookies or chips instead. And this smoothie is much better than that!
I may have found a new favorite smoothie and I couldn’t wait to share it with you! This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is a real winner!
This creamy smoothie comes together in just a few minutes with only a few ingredients and its so good that you’ll want it every day for breakfast or dessert!
- creamy peanut butter
- bananas – frozen is best if you have them
- vanilla greek yogurt – an unflavored Greek yogurt won’t very sweet
- cocoa powder
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie?
Blend it all up until the smoothie is mixed well, and nice and creamy.
Top your glasses with warmed peanut butter, and chocolate syrup, if desired.
Tips and Tricks:
- I suggest using frozen bananas if you have them. I like to take any of my bananas that are starting to get too ripe to just eat, this means they’re a little spotty and overripe, but not soft yet. Peel the bananas and cut them in half and toss them into freezer. Now they’re ready to use whenever you need frozen bananas for smoothies. Frozen bananas help to add thickness to your smoothie, without losing the flavor. Too much ice and your smoothie will be watered down.
- You can use any vanilla yogurt that you like.
- Plain yogurt will not have any sugar so you may want to add some sugar, or some honey to your smoothie if it’s not sweet enough for you this way. I like using vanilla greek yogurt because it’s usually lower in added sugar than other yogurts, but has a lot of protein. Plus I think it’s so delicious 😉
Smoothie Bowl Toppings:
This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie is so delicious! It’s one of my favorite smoothies to drink, and it would also be delicious as a smoothie bowl! If you want to make this smoothie into a bowl, some yummy topping ideas for your smoothie bowl are:
- Sliced Bananas
- Chia Seeds
- Sliced Strawberries
- Drizzled Peanut Butter
- Shredded or Shaved Coconut
- Chocolate Shavings or Nibs
This smoothie is a great way to start the new year off right, especially if you’re like me and pretty much addicted to candy and cookies after all the Christmas goodies, this is the perfect healthier alternative that will still completely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Looking for more smoothie recipes?
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Green Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 bananas (frozen is best if you have it)
- 1/2 cup milk (add another 1/4 cup if you have a lower powered blender)
- 1/2 cup low fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup ice
- Throw all your ingredients together into the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will get a very small percentage in commission. There is no extra cost to you. I only link to products I use or own. Your help in supporting us and our blog is appreciated.
Save time and buy online:
- smoothie glass with locking lid
- chocolate shavings
- creamy peanut butter
- cinnamon oat granola
- chia seeds
- shredded coconut
- cocoa powder
- paper straws
- chocolate syrup
- vanilla greek yogurt