This cinnamon quick bread is a moist, and tender sweet bread with a ribbon of cinnamon sugar swirled in the middle. It’s a great option for breakfast, or dessert, and will quickly become a new favorite!
This cinnamon quick bread is one of those recipes you’ll want to make again and again. You only need a few ingredients that you most likely have in your kitchen right now. It’s ready to dig into in less than an hour, and is so delicious.
After that you’ve got a delicious cake-like bread with the same great flavor of cinnamon rolls but in way less time. It’s a delicious buttery, vanilla, and cinnamon flavored bread and it practically melts in your mouth as you enjoy it.
Double the recipe and wrap the extra loaf up to freeze for later, or in some cellophane with a bow and give a loaf to your friends or neighbors. It’s a perfect holiday gift.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Cinnamon Quick Bread Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- all purpose flour – this is the base for this quick bread recipe
- baking soda and baking powder – to give the bread lift
- ground cinnamon
- sea salt – to give the bread flavor
- unsalted butter – to give the bread the best buttery flavor
- granulated sugar – to sweeten the bread and the cinnamon sugar swirl
- brown sugar – to sweeten the bread
- egg – to help bind it all together
- buttermilk – to make the bread moist, and soft, and bind all the ingredients together.
- vanilla extract – gives the bread a nice vanilla flavor
How to make Cinnamon Quick Bread?
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir them together. Set the bowl aside.
- Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl and cream them together until they’re nice and fluffy.
- Stir in the egg. And the buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir them together until they’re just combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon for the filling.
- Pour half of the batter into a prepared pan. Then sprinkle 2/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter. Fill the pan with the remaining batter, and sprinkle the top with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the bread until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
How to store?
Store any leftover cinnamon bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze the bread once it’s completely cooled. Wrap it in plastic wrap, or Press & Seal. Then wrap the bread completely in foil, or place it in a ziptop bag. You can freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight, then unwrap and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you want a thicker cinnamon swirl in the middle of your bread you can up the filling and topping amount to 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- If you’re looking to spice up the flavor, you can use a chai spice blend, pumpkin spice, apple pie spice, or an addition of cloves, nutmeg, or allspice to the cinnamon mixture.
- Add an optional vanilla icing to the top of the sweet bread if desired. Mix powdered sugar, with milk, and vanilla extract and drizzle over the top of cooled bread.
- Double the recipe to make two loaves instead of one.
- You can also fill about 3 mini loaves per 1 regular loaf. Fill each of them 2/3 full and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This cinnamon swirl quick bread is such a tasty, and easy sweet bread recipe. It’s got the best sweet cinnamon taste throughout, and you’ll love a slice for breakfast, or a snack!
More cinnamon sugar recipes:
- Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Donuts
- No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake on The Chunky Chef
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Cinnamon Quick Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Sugar Filling and Topping:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray and set it aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the dry ingredients; the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and stir it in.
- Add in the buttermilk, and vanilla extract, and slowly stir it in until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir them together until just combined, with no dry patches.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Add half the batter to the pan and smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter evenly over the top.
- Add the remaining cinnamon sugar over the top of the batter. Gently swirl it with a butter knife.
- Bake the bread for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the bread pan, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.