Cream cheese strawberry danish with chocolate drizzled over for a perfect Valentine or anytime cuddle treat.
So seriously one of the best things about being a food blogger, is experimenting with new recipes and foods. Especially treats, hmmm….. yeah, especially treats. Oh yeah, and eating the food too. These cream cheese strawberry danishes were an experiment because I had the ingredients on hand (yesterday I picked up the sweetest strawberries from a local farm’s market ) strawberries, cream cheese, crescents rolls, and chocolate and I wanted to create something Valentiney (yes – I just made up that word). Craig asked what made these Valentiney and I responded – STRAWBERRIES AND CHOCOLATE – I mean isn’t everything that has strawberries and chocolate, Valentiney?
Well, maybe not always. But luckily we can enjoy these cream cheese strawberry danishes anytime. They would be a great summer treat or a wonderful cuddle up with a good book, blanket, and hot chocolate on a rainy day treat. Like today when I made them; it was a rainy and cuddly day – one of my favorite kinds. Or just cuddly type of day when you can relax – and granted I know that doesn’t happen often for most of us – but enjoy these cream cheese strawberry danish and cuddle. That makes it Valentiney too – the cuddling that is.
Cream Cheese Strawberry Danish
- 1 pkg 8 crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 to 6 medium strawberries (top removed and diced)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until creamy - about 1 minute
- Gently stir in your diced strawberries
- Open and unroll the crescent rolls (do not separate) on a ungreased cookie sheet
- With a knife divide the crescent rolls into 8 squares, spread apart
- Press flat gently and slightly to remove the serrated lines of the rolls
- Work the edges of the rolls to curve up and making cuplike for the cream cheese filling
- Place a spoonful of cream cheese/strawberries in the center of each crescent roll, dividing evenly among the 8
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes, until pastry is golden
- Remove from oven
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips
- Microwave at half power for 30 seconds, stir
- Repeat, 1 to 2 more times
- Stir in coconut oil to thin chocolate and bring to a consistency to drizzle
- Drizzle over each danish
Enjoy these delicious and simple cream cheese strawberry danishes for a perfect Valentine treat (or any time really!)
What is one of your favorite go to cuddle treats?