These Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins are sweet, moist, and big strawberry muffins topped with a delicious cinnamon streusel crumb topping.
These strawberry muffins are perfect. The muffins are packed full of the perfect strawberry bites, and are delicious for breakfast, brunch, or a snack later in the day.
These strawberry muffins are a great way to use up some strawberries, whether fresh from the garden or when you buy a big basket from the store.
The muffins aren’t extra sweet, but have just the right amount of sweetness, in every bite. And the crumb topping adds the perfect bursts of sweet crumb on top. The crumb topping on these muffins is seriously divine, it might be my favorite part. I could just eat it plain – its that good! But I think crumb toppings on lots of desserts, like my blueberry crumble pie, or a good berry crumble.
The muffins are like a combination of muffins and coffee cake. The streusel crumb on top, makes them like mini strawberry coffee cake muffins. They’re one of my favorite ways to start the day!
These muffins are made with a lot of ingredients you probably have on hand right now. You need butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, milk, and of course strawberries. For the crumb topping you’ll need more of the same ingredients, butter, sugar, and flour, with a little brown sugar and cinnamon tossed in there.
How to make Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins?
First you’ll cream together your butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. You can mix them with a stand mixer, hand mixer, or a whisk by hand. Mix in the eggs, one at a time until just combined. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, combine your baking powder, salt, and flour and whisk together. Alternate adding about half the flour mixture, then half the milk, then the remaining flour, then the remaining milk, stirring after each addition. Carefully fold in the strawberries.
Scoop the prepared batter into greased muffin tins. Fill each muffin spot about 3/4 full.
In a separate bowl combine all the ingredients for your crumb topping until you have a nice crumbly mixture. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the muffin batter. Bake the muffins in a preheated oven until the crumb is a golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out mostly clean, though a few crumbs are okay.
These are adapted from this strawberry muffin recipe on Real Mom Kitchen.
These bakery style strawberry muffins are such a delicious way to start the morning!
Looking for more muffin recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened, 1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups strawberries (chopped)
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
For the Strawberry Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the butter and sugar for your muffins in a large mixing bowl. Mix for about 1 minute until nice and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the baking powder, salt and flour in a medium sized bowl. Whisk together.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk, stirring after each addition, until everything is incorporated and mixed well.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into greased muffin tins, filling each about 3/4 full.
For the Crumb Topping:
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping until mixed well, using a fork. Until you have a nice crumb.
- Sprinkle the crumb evenly over the tops of the muffin batter.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins first published June 10, 2013. Photos updated on February 24, 2020.