Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins are sweet, moist, and big strawberry muffins topped with a delicious cinnamon streusel crumb topping.
These strawberry muffins turned out perfectly. The muffins are packed full of the perfect strawberry flavor, and are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a snack later in the day.
These strawberry muffins are a perfect way to use up some strawberries, whether fresh from the garden or when you buy a big basket from the store.
The muffins aren’t extra sweet, but just the right amount of sweetness. And the crumb topping adds the perfect bursts of sweet on top. The crumb topping on these muffins is seriously divine. I could just eat it plain – its that good!
The muffins are like a mix of muffins and coffee cake, because of the streusel crumb on top. They’re one of my favorite ways to start the day!
These are adapted from this strawberry muffin recipe on Real Mom Kitchen.
Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter (softened) (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups strawberries (chopped)
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the butter and sugar for your muffins in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the baking powder, salt and flour in a medium sized bowl.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk until everything is incorporated and mixed well.
- Mix in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins evenly.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the crumb topping until mixed well, using a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumb evenly over the tops of the muffin batter.
- Bake for about 16 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (If you are making large muffins bake them for about 23 minutes)