Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a thick and hearty soup packed full of vegetables, gnocchi, chicken and flavor, its ready in only 30 minutes, with only one pot!
**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser The National Milk Life Campaign. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #KnowYourMilk
This chicken gnocchi soup is one of the best soups ever! Its rich, and creamy, and so flavorful. Its such a heartwarming and comforting soup, that is perfect for the cool fall weather that we’ve been having.
How to pronounce gnocchi?
Many americans mispronounce the italian word gnocchi as either no-kee or nyaw-kee. The gn sounds makes a “nyuh” sound, so you should pronounce gnocchi correctly as “nyoh-kee”
Gnocchi are soft dumplings made from potato flour, semolina flour, or all purpose flour usually served in place of pasta noodles with a sauce.
How to Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup?
The soup is made with celery, carrots and onions cooked up with a little butter and then flour is added to make it into a roux. It’s the perfect base for this soup to load it with flavor, and the flour helps thicken it up.
Then you’ll add milk, a little bit of heavy cream, and chicken broth to make the creamy broth. Add in the cooked chicken and gnocchi just long enough to cook the gnocchi. This should only take about 4 to 5 minutes, but follow the directions on the package of gnocchi that you buy.
Add in the spinach to cook till warm and wilted, only about 2 minutes and the soup is ready to serve and enjoy!
I don’t know about you, but we love milk over here. For drinking, or cooking with, you can often find at least two gallons of m ilk in our fridge. It’s Colby’s drink of choice almost all day long, which I’m happy to give him, because dairy milk is so naturally nutritious. Its has nine essential nutrients; calcium, B vitamins, Vitamin A Vitamin D, and more – its a good source of protein, and great for our bodies. (Per 8 ounce serving)
My husband said that this might be the best soup he’s ever had, and even my picky 3 year old loved the gnocchi and chicken from the soup! It’s a comforting meal the whole family will love!
This soup tastes just like Olive Garden’s Chicken Gnocchi Soup and is so easy to make! No more needing to go to Olive Garden to satisfy your soup cravings!
If you are prepared with already cooked chicken (you can use rotisserie chicken, shredded chicken, baked, whatever – then you can make this dish in only about twenty five minutes, and in one pot.
One pot dishes are the best for easy clean up!
The gnocchi add the perfect heartiness to this soup too because they are like mini potato dumplings, and everything comes together for the perfect comforting soup that is great for lunch or dinner!
Looking for more Creamy Soup Recipes:
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Ham Potato Corn Chowder
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup on Cupcake Diaries
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 4 TBS butter
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 16 oz mini gnocchi (found in the pasta aisle)
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups spinach (roughly chopped)
- In a large pot melt your butter over medium high heat.
- Add in the carrots, celery, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion starts to get translucent and the vegetables all start to get tender.
- Add in the flour and stir together to create a roux (a thickener), cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth, while stirring. Add in the milk, and heavy cream the same way.
- Allow to come to a boil, and lower temperature to medium or medium low and cook until thickened, for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, gnocchi, and chicken and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the gnocchi is cooked through (according to package directions).
- Add in the chopped spinach and cook for another 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
Dairy milk is a simple and wholesome beverage, it is minimally processed, with only 3 ingredients (milk, vitamin A, and vitamin D). It has more nutritional value per penny spent than almost any other beverage and is a perfect drink and cooking ingredient! To learn more about the benefits of dairy milk, Milklife.com. Visit The National Milk Life Campaign on facebook, instagram, twitter, and pinterest for more information and great recipe ideas.
Here are more delicious soup recipes I think you’ll like: