This easy peanut butter cake starts with a cake mix, and is the easiest way to make a delicious peanut butter cake! It’s a peanut butter lovers dream, it’s so moist, and delicious!
This peanut butter cake tastes homemade, and no one will ever guess that it actually started with a boxed cake mix from the store. It’s a perfectly moist, flavorful, delicious peanut butter cake, that everyone will love!
This cake is amazing on it’s own. But I like to top it with a chocolate frosting, for a delicious chocolate peanut butter vibe. I like to use my homemade chocolate butter cream recipe most of the time, but honestly a can of chocolate frosting from the store is so delicious with it too. Then sprinkle it all over with some chopped up peanut butter cups, for extra deliciousness.
You can also top the cake with a peanut butter, or peanut butter cream cheese frosting. Peanut butter cake with peanut butter frosting makes the ultimate peanut butter lovers cake! Throw on some chopped up Nutter Butter Cookies on top, for even more peanut butter, and a little crunch, and extra yum!
Ingredients Needed to Make Peanut Butter Cake:
- yellow boxed cake mix (just the mix) – you can also sub a white cake mix, and how good would a chocolate cake mix be?
- milk – you can also use water
- vegetable oil – canola oil works great too
- creamy peanut butter
How to make Peanut Butter Cake?
This cake starts with a dry boxed cake mix, then add in oil, milk, and eggs, and of course peanut butter. Mix them all together in a large bowl. Then pour the batter into a greased baking pan. Bake the cake until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the cake cool completely then spread your choice of frosting over the top. Then sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top if desired.
Tips for making this easy peanut butter cake:
- I used a yellow cake mix, but you can sub for a white cake mix if that’s what you prefer, or have on hand.
- You can top the cake with whatever frosting you prefer, canned chocolate frosting from the store to make it extra easy. Homemade chocolate, peanut butter frosting, cream cheese frosting, you name it.
This peanut butter cake is the ultimate treat for peanut butter lovers! It’s perfect for an easy birthday cake, or just when you need a treat. Anyone you share it with will be so impressed with your amazing cake, and will never guess that it started from a box ;).
More Peanut Butter Recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peanut Butter cake with a cake mix
- 15.25 oz boxed yellow cake mix (can substitute a white cake mix)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups frosting (chocolate or peanut butter are great)
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and stir them together until combined. Continue mixing the mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top evenly.
- Place the cake in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Frost the cake with your choice of frosting. Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups over the top of the frosting if desired.