Eggnog cinnamon rolls are perfectly delicious! A soft gooey roll topped with an amazing eggnog glaze. Perfect for a holiday breakfast or dessert!
As soon as Christmas was over last year I had to grab a couple cartons of eggnog from the store because I knew they wouldn’t be around for long. I love eggnog and these eggnog cinnamon rolls are one of my new favorite ways to have it! I’ll be honest, I enjoy a glass or two of eggnog each season (but I actually add a little milk to thin it) and these eggnog cinnamon rolls are the perfect way to enjoy your eggnog, and they are so much better than drinking it.
This eggnog cinnamon roll recipe starts the same as my traditional cinnamon rolls, but instead of milk I used eggnog in the dough. It gives the dough a nice light eggnog flavor, top them with this amazing eggnog glaze I made and you eggnog lovers will be in heaven! (Even eggnog haters will love these sweet rolls!)
The filling is made from brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to give it that extra eggnog flavor and then the glaze on top. I swear its a piece of heaven, its made from eggnog (of course), powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract (use rum extract if you have it on hand for more eggnoggy goodness!). These cinnamon rolls are decadent, without being too rich, so they’re perfect for breakfast or dessert.
These cinnamon rolls whip up in no time, they only take a little over an hour from start to finish, with about 8 minutes of mixing and kneading, 45 minutes of rising in between, and about 15 minutes of baking. Then you’ll drizzle the glaze on top and they’re ready to go. That’s it! And while the dough is rising you can do whatever the heck you want, take a bath, read a book, watch a tv show, and tell your family and friends that you slaved over these babies for hours, they’ll totally believe you – that’s how good they are.
This is my favorite cinnamon roll recipe now and I think you’ll love it too!
Looking for more Eggnog Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough:
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast 1 package
- 1 cup warm eggnog
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter 1 stick
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
For the Eggnog Frosting:
- 2 TBS softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm eggnog in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter, salt, eggs and flour to the bowl and mix well.
- Once the dough starts to come away from the edges, knead for about 5 minutes (if you are using your hands, dust them lightly with flour to avoid sticking) until a large ball is formed.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly flour your counter top and roll the dough out until it is approximately 16x21 inches, and ¼ inch thick.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Spread the melted butter over the surface of your dough.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg, cinnamon sugar mixture generously over the surface of the dough (using the butter to make it stick).
- Carefully roll the dough from the long top edge to the bottom edge.
- Using thread (wrap the thread around the bottom of the roll, bring up and cross over each other and pull tight), or a knife, cut dough into 1 inch slices.
- Lightly grease a baking pan (or 2).
- Place rolls in baking pan and bake for about 15-16 minutes until they turn a lighten golden color.
- While they are baking combine frosting ingredients. Add more powdered sugar to the frosting if it is too runny, add more eggnog if it is too thick.
- Remove rolls from oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes before frosting.
- Apply frosting generously to rolls.