These eggnog pancakes are delicious light and fluffy, eggnog flavored pancakes that are perfect for a holiday breakfast.
One thing I love this time of year is that I can buy eggnog. I love drinking eggnog and I love recipes made with eggnog. So this year I was really excited to try out some eggnog pancakes.
These fluffy eggnog pancakes are such a delicious breakfast option. They’d be great to make all December long any day, of the week, but especially if you want to have an extra festive and delicious breakfast or brunch option.
Pair them with some bacon, sausage, eggs, or fruit for a perfect filling and hearty breakfast.
They’re made with simple ingredients. You only need 10 ingredients, most of which you probably keep in your kitchen all year long. Just grab a bottle of eggnog, and make these pancakes, and some eggnog cookies and you’re set.
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated sugar
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- vanilla extract
How to make Eggnog Pancakes?
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl. You’ll mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk them together.
- In another bowl, stir together the wet ingredients; you’ll mix the eggnog, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir them together until they are just mixed. You’ll have some small lumps in the batter.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and grease it with butter. Pour the batter onto the skillet, measuring it with a 1/4 cup. Leave a little space between them to help you have space to flip the pancakes. Let the pancakes cook until the top of the batter starts to bubble, and you can see the bottoms are golden brown. Then flip them over to cook until the other side is also golden brown and the pancakes are cooked through.
Tips and Tricks:
- Don’t overmix the batter! The pancakes will turn out dense, and not fluffy if you mix them too much.
- If you pancake edges get brown too fast, and still aren’t cooked in the middle this means the temperature is too high. Lower the temperature slightly to make sure the pancakes cook to be perfectly golden, and cooked throughout. Every stope top and griddle are different so we can’t know exactly what your stove top needs for this recipe.
Eggnog Pancake Toppings:
- Whipped Cream
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Buttermilk Syrup
- Caramel Syrup Honey
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Berries
- Pomegranate Arils
These eggnog pancakes are soft and fluffy pancakes, with a perfect nutmeg and eggnog flavor in every bite. They’re so good for breakfast, brunch, or dinner during the holiday season.
More Pancake Recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the griddle to medium high heat.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a large bowl and whisk them together.
- In another bowl stir your eggnog, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir them together until just mixed, you will still have some small lumps.
- Grease your griddle with nonstick spray or butter.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet in 1/4 cup-fuls.
- Cook the pancakes until the tops start to bubble and you can see the bottoms are golden brown, then flip them over.
- Cook bottom side of pancakes an additional 1 to 2 minutes until both sides are golden brown and pancakes are cooked through.
These eggnog pancakes were first posted on November 30, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on December 14, 2022.
This post was first written as part of a sponsored opportunity with Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.