These everything bagel pigs in a blanket are such a yummy and easy appetizer. Delicious mini sausages rolled up in flakey crescent roll dough, topped with everything bagel seasoning. They’re flakey, buttery, salty, and so delicious for a party!
These everything bagel pigs in a blanket are the easiest cocktail sausages appetizer with an everything bagel twist. You’ve still got your mini smoked sausages wrapped in crescent roll dough, but then you’ll brush the tops in butter and sprinkle them in everything bagel seasoning before baking them until they’re nice and golden brown. They’re delicious as is, or served with mustard, ketchup, or a melty cheese sauce.
These pigs in a blanket take only 4 ingredients, and a few minutes to make. They’re perfect for a snack, or an appetizer, or even for dinner. They’re a great option for kids an adults alike (though feel free to skip the everything bagel seasoning on half, if your kids are extra picky like mine 😉 )
They’re like the perfect little hot dog bites wrapped in the best flakey, buttery bread, with a delicious flavorful salty seasoning. They’re great for New Year’s Eve, a football game watching party, Fourth of July, or really any occasion where you need something quick, easy, and delicious that every one will love.
How to make Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket?
- Cut each of crescent roll triangles into three smaller triangles. Add a cocktail wienie on top of one of the triangles, and wrap the dough up around it.
- Place the prepared pigs in a blanket onto a lined baking sheet, with the end of the dough underneath so it won’t unravel.
- Brush the top of each of the pigs in a blanket with melted butter.
- Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning over the top of the butter.
- Bake until the rolls are golden and the cocktail wienies are hot throughout.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauces.
Tips for making Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket:
- Make sure to dry your mini smoked sausages with a paper towel before wrapping them up in the crescent roll dough. It will help the dough stick better so it doesn’t fall off.
- You’ll need 24 mini sausages for this recipe. One package of Lit’l Smokies contains about 30 to 36 mini sausages, so you’ll have some leftover. You can use 1.5 packages of crescent rolls to use up all the sausages.
- You can substitute puff pastry for the crescent rolls, just cut them up into squares or triangles to wrap the sausages up.
- You can brush the tops with an egg wash instead of butter if desired (mix 1 egg with 1 TBS water in a small bowl, then brush).
- You can also make full sized pigs in a blanket, making them a better option for dinner by using 8 full sized hot dogs instead of cocktail sausages, and a whole triangle of crescent roll dough. They might take a couple extra minutes to bake to get the hot dog hot throughout.
- You can also make these pigs in a blanket in the air fryer. Bake them in the air fryer at 350 F for 3 to 4 minutes or until the tops are golden, then flip them over and bake for another 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure to spray your air fryer with olive oil spray before hand.
How to make Pigs in a Blanket ahead of Time?
If you want to save a few minutes of prep time when it comes to making these you can assemble the pigs in a blanket and place them all wrapped up on the pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them.
Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle the everything seasoning on top when you’re ready to bake them to prevent the butter from soggy-ing up the bread dough.
How to store leftover Pigs in a Blanket?
These are best eaten fresh, but if you end up with some leftovers you can store them in a container with a lid in the fridge for up to 3 days. Toss them in the air fryer or oven for a few minutes to crisp them back up before enjoying again.
These Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket are the perfect appetizer! They’re great for a party, game night, bbq, you name it! The perfect easy 4 ingredient food that every one loves.
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
- 24 Lit'l Smokies Smoked Sausages
- 8 oz Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- 4 TBS melted unsalted butter
- 2 TBS everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner and set it aside.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough from the can. Cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
- Pat the little smokies dry with paper towels.
- Wrap each sausage with a triangle of dough.
- Place each wrapped sausage onto the prepared baking sheet, keeping the seam side down. Repeat with additional sausages, placing them 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of each crescent.
- Sprinkle the tops evenly with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake the pan for 15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the sausages are hot throughout.
- Serve warm.