These mini cheese ball bites are such a great party appetizer for the holidays. They’ve got the same classic cheese ball flavor, in bite sized form.
These mini cheese ball bites are pretty much adorable. I mean, of course they’re delicious which is most important. But aren’t miniature things just so cute? And so fun to eat?
You can serve them “on a stick” with a pretzel stick stuck in the middle of them, with an individual cracker under each one, or in a pile with some toothpicks and a big pile of crackers on the side. Or, I’ll be honest, they’re delicious enough to just pop directly into your mouth and enjoy, without any bread, crackers, pretzels, or vegetables.
These mini cheeseballs have the same great flavor of a classic cheese ball, but this way they’re even easier for guests to enjoy. And it’s got to be a little more sanitary than everyone scooping from the same giant ball too, right 😉
How to make cheese ball bites?
Beat your softened cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl (a stand mixer, or a hand mixer work best). Add in the shredded cheese, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Mix it all together till it’s totally smooth and mixed.
Scoop the cheese mixture into 1 Tablespoon sized scoops (a cookie scoop works great for that) and then roll them each into balls. (Yes your hands will be messy, but it goes quick and just wash them when you’re done). Then place the balls on a plate, or baking sheet lined with parchment, and into the fridge for about 30 minutes to solidify.
Put your chopped almonds into a shallow bowl, or shallow plate and roll the cheese balls into the almonds to coat completely. Stick some more on in places that are more bare as needed.
Place them back in the fridge till you’re ready to enjoy them (up to 1 day in advanced). If you’re going to use the pretzel sticks, add the pretzels when you’re ready to serve them. Serve with a variety of crackers and veggies, or guests can enjoy them plain.
Tips for making cheese ball bites:
- If you want to make these cheese ball bites into one giant regular sized cheese ball, just mold the cream cheese mixture into one big ball. Then cover the whole thing in the sliced almonds.
- These cheese ball bites are a great make ahead option. They can be made several days before needed, (about 4 for best results) just roll them in the sliced almonds only about 1 day before enjoying them. And don’t stick the pretzel sticks in the middle (if you’re going that route) till just before serving or they will get soggy.
- A great way to keep the cheese balls uniform in size is by scooping them with a 1 TBS cookie scoop. This makes them just about the right size. Then you can roll them all up
- Instead of rolling the cheese ball bites in sliced almonds, you can also roll them in chopped pecans, or walnuts.
- You could also roll the balls in some finely chopped parsley, chives, dried cranberries, or crumbled bacon. How fun would it be to roll them in a variety of toppings for a beautiful party plate.
These cheese ball bites are so creamy, delicious, and the perfect bite sized snack or appetizer. They’re such a fun way to serve cheese balls at a holiday party, football game, or potluck.
Looking for more Easy Appetizer Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Mini Cheese Ball Bites
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 TBS fresh diced chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 18 mini stick pretzels (optional)
- Beat your cream cheese in a large mixing bowl till smooth. (A stand mixer, or hand mixer works best)
- Add in the cheddar cheese, chives garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. And stir it all together till it's totally mixed.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into 18 even scoops, about 1 TBS in size each.
- Roll each of the scoops into round balls.
- Place them on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper, and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden a bit.
- Chop up your almonds into tiny pieces and place them in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Roll the cheese ball bites into the chopped almonds, using your hands to press more almonds into spots that are bare.
- Place them back in the fridge for up to 1 day, until you're ready to serve them.
- When ready to serve, stick mini pretzel sticks into the top of the cheese ball bites, if desired.
Leave a Reply