These funfetti chocolate chip cookies are giant bakery style cookies, filled with chocolate chips and sprinkles. They’re especially delicious served warm, with their crunchy outsides, and gooey centers.
You can never have too many cookie recipes right? These giant funfetti chocolate chip cookies are such a fun recipe to add the mix. The cookies are huge, and packed full of chocolate and sprinkles. They’re chocolatey, colorful, and so fun!
The colorful sprinkles make these cookies so fun, and perfect for a celebration! The first time I made them, I made them for my son’s first day of school. I love making my kids cookies for their first days of schools, and enjoying the warm cookie with a glass of cold milk, and chatting with them about their days.
It would also be fun to change the colors of the sprinkles for different occasions – red, white and green for Christmas, pink and red for Valentine’s day, etc.
These giant funfetti cookies have the perfect crispy edges, gooey middles if you eat them warm, that turns perfectly chewy as they cool down.
How to make Giant Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Add your cold butter to a large mixing bowl. (I like to use my stand mixer with a paddle attachment). Mix the butter for about 30 seconds, then add in the sugars. Beat those into the butter for about 2 minutes. Mix in the eggs, and vanilla extract just until they are combined.
Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir it all together until you have a nice and soft dough. Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
Scoop the dough into cookie dough balls that are about 4oz each. Roughly squish the dough together, but it doesn’t need to be rolled into a perfect ball.
Place 4 to 6 cookies onto a lined cookie sheet, a few inches apart from each other as the cookies spread because they’re so big.
Bake the cookies in the preheated oven until the tops are set and the cookies are lightly golden. Mine usually take about 10-11 minutes. Let the cookies keep cooking/cooling on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy them immediately while warm and gooey!
Tips for making Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- If the first tray of cookies ends up flatter than you’d like (don’t worry, they’ll still be delicious) you can toss the second tray in the fridge for about 20 minutes and that should help them from spreading quite as much. You can also add a couple extra TBS of flour to the dough too.
- Change up the colors of the sprinkles for different occasions. Orange and black for Halloween, Green and white for St. Paddy’s, you name it!
- You could also alternate white chocolate chips for the chocolate chips, or do half of each!
- To make my cookies extra pretty I always top them with a few extras. I like to add 6-7 chocolate chips to the tops of these cookie dough balls (before baking) and I also push in a few extra sprinkles on top too.
- If you want smaller cookies you can also make about 24-30 cookies using about 1.5oz to 2oz per cookie ball. Bake these for 8-10 minutes.
These giant funfetti cookies have the perfect crispy edges, gooey middles if you eat them warm, that turns perfectly chewy as they cool down. They’re so delicious and I hope you love them as much as we do!
More cookie recipes:
- White Chocolate Chip Biscoff Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Giant Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted cold butter (two sticks)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 TBS vanilla extract
- 3 cups +2 TBS all purpose flour (scoop and level method)
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup jimmie sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two cookie sheets, with parchment paper, or a silicone liner.
- Cut your butter into slices. Add the slices butter into a large mixing bowl (a stand mixer with a paddle attachment works great if you have it), start to beat the butter, for about 1 minute.
- Add the brown sugar, and granulated sugar and beat for 2 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and stir until just combined.
- Dump in the flour (I recommend doing the scoop and level method for measuring it out or you may end up with too much), cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir it together till you have a nice soft dough, scrape the bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and sprinkles and fold them evenly into the dough.
- Measure out the dough to be about 4 oz each (12 even sized portions). Roughly push the dough into a rounded shape, but don't totally roll it like a ball.
- Top the cookie dough ball with a few chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Place 4-6 cookie balls onto each prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, until the tops of the cookies are set and golden. I usually pull mine out at 10 minutes, but adjust to your liking depending on how gooey you want the middles.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy them warm.