These funfetti cookies are soft and chewy drop style sugar cookies that are loaded with colorful sprinkles, making them so fun for a celebration!
These funfetti cookies are the perfect soft, buttery, sugar cookie. They’ve got the perfect chewy edges, and are so delicious, and did I mention, adorable thanks to the rainbow sprinkles?! This fairy bread would be another perfect way to enjoy sprinkles!
The cookies are sweet and delicious on their own, with out any frosting, as is. And they’re easier sugar cookies than our regular cut out sugar cookie recipe because there is no need to chill the dough, and no rolling it out, and cutting required.
Sprinkles are a perfect addition to any celebration, so why not whip them out for a party!
These cookies are so fun, and you can change the color of the sprinkles you used based on your special occasion. Here are some of my favorite color combinations:
- red, white, and green for Christmas
- red, pink, and white for Valentine’s day
- pastel colors (think purple, pink, blue, yellow and green) for Easter
- red, white, and blue for 4th of July
- purple, orange, and green for Halloween
Ingredients needed to make Funfetti Cookies:
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
How to make Funfetti Cookies?
Add your butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and cream them together until they are light in color. Then add in the egg and vanilla extract and stir them into the butter mixture.
Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir it all together until you have a nice soft cookie dough.
Then add in the sprinkles and fold them carefully into the dough.
Scoop about 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons of cookie dough, and roll them into balls. And place those onto a lined baking sheet. You can dunk the tops of the cookie balls into a bowl of the sprinkles if you want more sprinkles.
Bake the cookies until the edges are just golden (the middles may still look underbaked) and remove the pan from the oven. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet (they will keep baking) for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tips for making Funfetti Cookies:
- Make sure to spoon and level the flour so you don’t end up with too much flour, altering the texture of the cookies. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup, then use the flat side of a butter knife to smooth the flour off at the top.
- Use jimmie style sprinkles, instead of non pareils. Jimmies won’t bleed into the cookie dough, while nonpareils (the tiny balls) will.
- Under bake the cookies. You don’t want to keep baking them until they look super done (they might even look raw in the middle) you want to remove the pan from the oven when the edges start to turn golden brown. The cookies will continue baking as they cool on the pan.
How to store Funfetti Cookies?
Funfetti cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze the cookies, once cooled, in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost the cookies at room temperature until soft, or re-warm them in the microwave for a few seconds once thawed to enjoy them warm again.
These funfetti cookies are such a fun cookie! They’re soft, and chewy, and colorful, and perfect for absolutely every occasion, where you need something sweet.
More funfetti recipes:
- Small Batch Funfetti Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
- Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour ( 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (1/2 to 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup jimmie sprinkles
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet or two with parchment paper, or a silicone liner, and set it aside.
- Add your butter and sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat them together for about 2 minutes until the mixture is creamy, and light in color.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and stir them into the butter mixture until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir it all together until you have a nice soft dough, scrape the bottom of the bowl as needed while mixing.
- Add in the sprinkles and carefully stir them into the cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough by the 1.5 to 2 TBS and roll them into balls. (You can dip the tops of the cookie balls into more sprinkles if you want them to have more). Place the balls a couple inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn golden. The middle may not look done yet.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave the cookies on the sheet for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm.