Golden Oreo Truffles are delicious Oreo Balls made with Golden Oreos and dipped in white chocolate. The perfect bite sized treat that everyone loves!
I love making truffles with cookies, like our white chocolate Oreo balls, nutter butter truffles, traditional Oreo truffles, mint Oreo truffles and now these Golden Oreo Truffles. These are made the same as the others but with Golden Oreos / vanilla Oreos instead of regular chocolate Oreos. I like these dipped in white chocolate, but they’d be delicious in regular chocolate too.
These are seriously the easiest thing to make with only 3 ingredients. You literally just need Golden Oreos, cream cheese, and white chocolate. You can use some coconut oil to thin the chocolate out, and help it set quicker, but if you don’t have any on hand, its not necessary. Top them with sprinkles to make them extra cute, and this would be a great way to make them festive for a special occasion. Add green and red sprinkles for Christmas, or pink and blue for a baby shower, etc.
I love all Oreo flavors, okay, not all of them, but most. I’m one of those people who loves going out an buying a box of the new flavors to try. My favorites have been Golden Birthday Cake, Lemon, Blueberry Pie, Reeses, Cookie Butter, and Strawberry Shortcake. I love regular chocolate Oreos, but I’ll be honest, I might love the Golden Oreos even more!
These treats are perfect for making any time of the year, in the summer their great because they are no bake and don’t require you to heat up the oven. In the winter they’re perfect for treats to share with your neighbors or for a holiday party.
On to the recipe, if you can even call it that – its that easy.
- 18 Golden Oreo Cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Crush your Oreo cookies into a fine crumb (using a blender or food processor is easiest)
- Add your cream cheese to your blender or food processor and mix it up till the cream cheese is mixed smooth with the crumbs. (Or stir together in a large bowl.)
- Roll dough into small balls (About 2 tsp in size) and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You want 30 even balls. (If the dough is too stick to roll, place in the fridge for 20 minutes before rolling)
- Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in a small bowl (with coconut oil). Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Carefully dip Oreo balls into white chocolate using a fork, toothpick, or chocolate dipper. Allow excess chocolate to drip back into the ball. (If the un-dipped balls get too soft, place them back in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Place dipped balls back on prepared cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Place pan in the fridge when all are dipped to allow chocolate to harden.
- Truffles can stay in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.