These Oreo truffles, also known as Oreo balls are a chocolate cake ball made with only a few ingredients. They’re no bake, so easy to make, and are such a delicious chocolatey treat. If you haven’t had the opportunity to eat an Oreo Truffle at some point in your life, then you’ve really been missing out.
This recipe is all over other food blogs, but I wanted to share it here with you in case you’ve missed out before. If you like Oreos, or cookies and cream flavors, then you will love these little bites of goodness.
We’ve got a few varieties of them here, and I think you’ll these as much as any of them! But don’t forget to try our Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Truffles, Golden Oreo Truffles, Mint Oreo Truffles, or our Reindeer Christmas Oreo Balls.
Basically they are truffles made from Oreo crumbs, mixed with cream cheese and dipped in chocolate. I love the cookies and cream flavor, so I prefer mine dipped in white chocolate – but any variety of chocolate chips will work.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Oreo Truffles Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- oreo cookies (the whole cookie, cream included, but make sure to get regular Oreos so you don’t have too much cream)
- cream cheese – the block kind, preferably the classic full fat kind for the best flavor and texture
- white chocolate chips – or milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, etc.
- coconut oil – to smooth out the chocolate
How to make White Chocolate Oreo Balls?
- Add the whole Oreo cookies to a food processor or blender and blend them up until you have a nice crumb texture throughout.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix it into the crumbs until you have a soft dough like texture.
- Roll sections of the dough into 1/2 Tablespoon sized balls, and place them onto a lined cookie sheet. I prefer smaller balls, but you can also make them up to 1 TBS in size. Add the cookie sheet to the fridge and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl with the coconut oil, and melt them at half power for 60 seconds, then in additional 20 second increments stirring after each until the chocolate is melted and can be stirred smooth.
- Add 1 truffle at a time to the chocolate and make sure to cover it fully in the chocolate. Lift it out with a fork and tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove any extra chocolate. Carefully transfer it to the lined cookie sheet. Top with your choice of Oreo crumbs, or sprinkles if desired and let them set.
- Melt additional chocolate if desired to drizzle over the top.
Tips and Tricks:
- Instead of melting your chocolate in the microwave you can also use a double boiler, or small crock pot.
- Try these truffles with a variety of Oreo flavors, like Golden Oreos, Mint Oreos, or Peanut Butter Pie Oreos. Just do not use Double Stuf or Mega Stuf Oreos.
- Decorate these cute truffles however you like. Top them with sprinkles, drizzled chocolate, more Oreo crumbs, etc.
- This recipe can easily be cut in half if you don’t want as many Oreo balls.
How to store Oreo Balls?
Store any Oreo balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Because the cream cheese they need to be kept in the fridge to be safe to eat, and I also prefer the harder texture of the truffle filling, enjoying them straight from the fridge. But they can be sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours, if serving them at a holiday party, etc.
Can Oreo Truffles be frozen?
These Oreo truffles can be frozen in a freezer safe ziploc bag for up 3 months. You can eat them straight from frozen or let them thaw in the fridge for a few hours before you want to enjoy them. These Oreo truffles are such a simple and delicious, no bake treat. They’d be so fun decorated for different holidays, or packaged up in some bags to give out to friends.
More Oreo dessert recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 36 oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 block, softened)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (or chocolate chips)
- 1/2 TBS coconut oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor or blender, and blend them into a fine crumb.
- Add the cream cheese and blend it into the cookie crumbs until smooth.
- Scoop out 1/2 TBS sized portions of the "dough" and roll it into a smooth ball between your hands. Place ball on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining Oreo mixture.
- Put cookie sheet in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Add the white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave at half power for 60 seconds, stirring as much as you can after. Then microwave in additional 20 second increments, until you can stir it smooth.
- Drop a truffle into the melted chocolate, and use a spoon to pour chocolate over the top. Lift the truffle out of the chocolate with a fork, and tap it on the edge of the bowl to let the excess chocolate run off.
- Carefully transfer the truffle back to the baking sheet, using another fork to push it off the first if necessary.
- Top with extra Oreo crumbs, or sprinkles if desired. Let the chocolate set.
- Melt additional chocolate chips and drizzle them over the top if desired.
- Store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
These white chocolate Oreo balls were first posted on November 25, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on November 22, 2022.