This homemade aioli is the perfect sauce recipe for adding extra flavor, to burgers, fries, or sandwiches. This recipe is the real deal – made from scratch with egg yolks, olive oil, and garlic for an amazing homemade condiment that has so much flavor and creaminess.
This garlic aioli is so flavorful, and delicious served with so many different foods. It’s a delicious garlicky sauce, that is smooth and creamy and adds so much to a variety of foods.
It’s delicious with chicken, fish, or even served with some roasted vegetables. Dip or pour this yummy dip over almost anything for an extra delicious flavor, I just know you’ll love it.
What to serve Aioli with?
- Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Tenders
- French Fries
- Onion Rings
- Roasted or Grilled Veggies
How to make Aioli?
In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the salt, cayenne pepper, egg yolks, water, and garlic paste.
Slowly (and I mean, slowly) pour the olive oil into the bowl, whisk whisking the mixture as fast as you can, until it’s all combined. You can also a stand mixer, hand mixer, or an immersion blender to combine the mixture. It’ll be a lot quicker using those, and it may help your arm not to be so sore ;).
Stir in the lemon juice once all the olive oil has been added, continue whisking the mixture until it has thickened into a thick mayo-like consistency.
Is it safe to eat raw eggs in aioli?
If you are worried about consuming raw eggs in aioli sauce then you can use pasteurized egg yolks instead to reduce the risk of food-borne illness in the eggs.
If you’re extra worried then I recommend not serving this aioli to infants, pregnant women, elderly, or other at risk groups with a weakened immune system.
There are so many different ways to make aioli, with yummy additional herbs, and things added. Here are my favorites that I think you’ll love too! Ad them in at the end when you’d add the lemon juice (in step 3)
- Cilantro – Add 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro and 1 TBS lime juice instead of lemon
- Rosemary – Add in 3-4 sprigs of fresh chopped rosemary
- Sundried Tomato – Add in 1 TBS sundried tomatoes, and 1 T BS fresh chopped basil
This homemade aioli is such a creamy, flavorful, and delicious sauce that you will want to add to everything. French fries, burgers, roasted veggies, you name it!
More dip recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS garlic paste
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the salt, cayenne pepper, egg yolks, water and garlic paste, until full combined.
- Slowly (and I mean slowly - it should take 2-3 minutes to add it all the way) pour the olive oil into the mixture, white simultaneously whisking constantly, as fast as you can.
- Add the lemon juice, once all the olive oil is mixed in.
- Continue whisking until the aioli has a thickened, mayo-like, consistency
- Store the aioli in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks