This is the best alfredo sauce, it’s thick, rich, and creamy and only 4 ingredients. It’s perfect served over pasta, chicken, on pizza, you name it!
Homemade alfredo sauce is one of my favorites, its easy to make and comes together in only a few minutes, so its ready for you to eat it with any of your favorite pasta or pizza dishes! My husband and I often crave this dish and whenever we have alfredo sauce somewhere else it just isn’t as good.
This thick and creamy alfredo sauce recipe is rich, and delicious. Its made with only 4 ingredients.
Ingredients needed to make the best Alfredo Sauce:
- heavy whipping cream
- parmesan cheese
- parsley (if you want)
What could be better than lots of butter, cream and parmesan cheese?
I love having alfredo sauce instead of marinara sauce on my pasta sometimes, and especially if I have this amazing homemade alfredo sauce. Its everything you could want in an alfredo sauce and more!
I’ve gone to many restaurants and ordered pasta with alfredo sauce on top and I’m almost always disappointed when I compare it to the deliciousness of this easy homemade alfredo sauce. Its easy enough to make that I never regret spending the time and there are so many dishes I love using it on!
How to make the best Alfredo Sauce?
Thankfully this recipe is so easy to make because you’ll be wanting to make it all the time!
Add your butter to a medium sauce pan and let it start to melt. Then add in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese and parsley. Let the mixture come to a boil, stirring it often.
Then lower the temperature and let it keep simmering until the sauce thickens up a bit.
Serve it tossed with your favorite noodles, on pizza, chicken, etc.
Ways to use Alfredo Sauce:
- On fettucine noodles (or other pasta noodles) especially with some grilled chicken
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
- Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- With meatballs
- For dipping with french bread or garlic bread sticks
- Served over cooked vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, squash, carrots, etc.)
This alfredo sauce is the best of the best. Once you make it you won’t ever want to use store bought alfredo sauce again.
It’s creamy, rich, and so delicious. Perfect served over your favorite pasta, and everyone will love it!
More sauce recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
For Alfredo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick butter)
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best)
- 2 TBS parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- 16 oz pasta noodles
- Add all the ingredients to a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Bring the mixture o a boil stirring often.
- Lower the heat to low, and let the sauce keep simmering. And cook the sauce for another 10-15 minutes, until the sauce thickens a bit. Stir the sauce often to keep it from burning at the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Toss sauce with cooked noodles, or enjoy on pizza, bread, veggies, grilled meat, etc.
This alfredo sauce was first posted on February 17, 2015. The photos and text were updated on August 30, 2021 for clarity.