This triple berry lemon bundt cake is so delicious, with fresh lemon flavor in every bite, and sweet berries throughout, it’s the perfect summer cake!
This lemon berry bundt cake is so soft, and moist, with the perfect crumb. It’s flavored with lemon juice, and lemon zest, to keep it light, and lemony, and mixed with lots of frozen blueberries so you’ll get fresh that fresh berry and lemon taste in every bite. It’s perfect for making all summer long.
Tips for making lemon berry bundt cake:
- Make sure to grease your bundt pan generously. Since bundt pans are more intricate than other cake pans, you want to make sure you get all the cracks greased, and the middle flute tube. You can use a nonstick spray or lots of butter. Then I also recommend coating it lightly in flour too, add a tablespoon or two of flour and shake it around to coat the whole pan.
- Bring all your ingredients to room temperature. Let your eggs, butter, and yogurt come to room temperature before getting started so that the batter mixes together easily.
- Instead of Greek yogurt you can also use regular yogurt or sour cream.
- Make sure to toss your berries in flour before adding them to the batter. This will keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pan and keep them spread throughout the batter.
- You can use any mix of your favorite berries. I used a combination of blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, but you can use whichever berries you can get your hands on. Blackberries, huckleberries, boysenberries, or even use just blueberries for a Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake, instead of a mix. You can also use fresh berries if that’s what you have.
How to make lemon berry bundt cake?
Preheat your oven and generously grease your bundt pan. I also like to coat mine in a couple tablespoons of flour.
Combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl, 2 1/4 cups of flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest. Whisk them together.
In another bowl cream together the butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 or 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go. Add in each of your eggs, one at a time. Stir in your fresh lemon juice into the butter sugar mixture.
Alternate adding your yogurt, then flour mixture, then yogurt, then flour to the butter sugar mixture. Stir until just combined after each addition, don’t over stir.
Toss the berries in the remaining 2 TBS of flour to coat them evenly. Gently stir the berries into the cake batter, it’s very thick, so be careful. Reduce the oven temperature and place the pan in the oven. Bake until the cake is golden on the top, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 20-30 minutes, then carefully remove the cake from the pan. Run a knife around the edges to loosen it first, and remove it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
When the cake is cool whisk the ingredients together for the glaze. Add more powdered sugar, or more milk if you need more for the right consistency. Drizzle the glaze evenly over the top of cake, and let it run down the sides.
This lemon berry cake got more even moist and delectable with every passing day. The leftover cake can be stored in a container with a lid at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, and in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
You’ll love sharing this lemon berry cake with friends or family, and if you don’t, you won’t mind eating it all yourself either 😉
Looking for more bundt cake recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Triple Berry Lemon Cake
Triple Berry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (divided)
- 1 cup butter (softened - 2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- zest 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen triple berries* (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBS milk
Triple Berry Lemon Bundt Cake
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or butter and flour (with 2 TBS flour) a 10 inch bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, put 2 1/4 cup flour, baking soda, salt, and the lemon zest. Whisk them together.
- In another medium bowl, cream together the softened butter and 2 cups of sugar until soft and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in one egg at a time, till combined to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in 1 TBS of lemon juice to the butter sugar mixture.
- Alternate adding the flour with the yogurt to the creamed mixture, stirring until just combined in between each addition (don't over mix).
- Toss the berries in the remaining 2 TBS of flour to coat.
- Gently stir the berries into the cake batter evenly (the batter was very thick).
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and evenly spread throughout the pan.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and put the cake in and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan about 20 minutes on a cooling rack.
- After 20 minutes remove cake from the pan (you may need to take a knife around the edges to loosen)
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
For the Lemon Glaze:
- Add the powdered sugar, lemon juice and 1 TBS of milk, and stir together to make a nice thin glaze.
- Add more milk, or powdered sugar as needed to get the right texture.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top of it and let the glaze run down the sides.
This lemon berry bundt cake was first published on March 14, 2014. Photos were updated on June 12, 2020.