This delicious lime bundt cake starts with a boxed cake mix, with a few simple additions, making it a light and refreshing cake with the perfect hint of lime in every bite.
This lime bundt cake is a perfect light, refreshing, airy, and of course delicious cake that is perfect for spring.
When I first made this for some women at church, I got comments like “this is really good”, “thank you for the cake, it was delicious” and “of course we ate the cake, it was really really really good”. I have to admit hearing these comments boosted my ego a little bit. But I think if you give this cake a try you’ll agree with them.
This cake is extra great because it starts with a yellow cake mix! This lime cake tastes homemade with a few simple additions that no one will ever guess that it started with a boxed cake mix from the store.
I know some people get nervous about making a cake from scratch, so this lime bundt cake is the perfect recipe for you. It’s so easy to make, with only a few extra ingredients to give it that perfect light lime flavor.
To make this lime bundt cake you’ll need:
- a box yellow cake mix – dry, unprepared, not made as called for on the box
- cream cheese – I like using neufchatel cream cheese
- lime juice – fresh squeezed is best
- lime zest
- powdered sugar – for the lime icing on top
How to make lime cake with a cake mix?
In a large bowl, mix together your cake mix, eggs, milk, cream cheese, lime juice and lime zest. Stir for about 1 minute slowly until well combined. Then beat over medium speed for about 2 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom often so nothing is getting missed.
Pour the mixture into a greased bundt cake pan. Bake until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. About 38-48 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the pan over onto a cooling rack. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes, then remove the pan and let the cake cool completely. About another hour.
Whisk together the powdered sugar and lime juice for the glaze. Add more powdered sugar or more juice as needed to make the glaze the right consistency for drizzling over the top of the cake. Drizzle evenly and allow to set before slicing the cake up and serving.
This lime bundt cake is the perfect cake to make this spring. It’s light, refreshing and so delicious. It’s perfect for serving at a spring luncheon, summer bbq, potluck, baby shower, or just for enjoying if you’re stuck at home during all this craziness 😉
Looking for more easy cake recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Lime Bundt Cake
For the Lime Cake:
- 1 yellow cake mix (dry, unprepared)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 TBS lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 TBS lime zest
For the Lime Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Butter a bundt cake pan well, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix with the eggs, milk, cream cheese, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Beat for 1 minute on low.
- Beat for 2 minutes on medium, scrapping the sides and bottom of the bowl down constantly.
- Pour into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and turn upside down on cooling rack and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake from pan and let cool completely, about 1 hour.
For the Lime Glaze
- In a medium bowl whisk your powdered sugar and lime juice together.
- If you want it thinner, add a dash more of lime juice at a time until you receive the consistency you desire.
- If you want it thicker, add about 1 tablespoon at a time of powdered sugar until you receive the consistency you desire.
- Sprinkle with lime zest if desired.
This lime bundt cake was first posted on May 13, 2015. Photos and text updated on March 20, 2020.