A lime citrus bundt cake that is light and refreshing with a hint of lime from fresh lime juice and zest made from a box and just a few additional ingredients.
Some cakes are heavy and dense and full of ooey gooey goodness, some cakes are light, refreshing, and airy – and that is how I would describe this lime citrus bundt cake – light, refreshing, airy, and maybe really, really good too. At least that was the responses I received when I shared with a group of young women at a recent youth activity. Comments like “this is really good”, “of course we ate the cake, it was really, really good” “thank you for the cake, it was really good”. I must admit I like hearing comments that inflate my ego, they are certainly preferred over the ones that pop my bubble.
That actually was what I was talking to my young women about at our youth activity, how we spin a web of friendship and goodness and what are some ways that we can strength this web or bond of friendship. We all sat in a circle with a ball of yarn that was tossed back and forth between girls. Each time they tossed it to a new person a compliment or positive thought was shared about that person. We built quite a strong web. But most of all I hope the web or bond of friendship was built stronger. These girls need each other to help each other stay strong, feel safe, be noticed and loved.
It was a fun evening and it didn’t hurt to feed them a light, refreshing, airy lime citrus bundt cake that was “really, really good.”
Lime Bundt Cake
- 1 yellow cake box mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 oz light cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup sweet lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 TBS lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 TBS lime zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Butter a bundt cake pan well
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix with the eggs, milk, light cream cheese, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Beat for 1 minute on low
- Beat for 2 minutes on medium, scrapping down constantly
- Pour into bundt cake pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Remove from oven, turn upside down on cooling rack and let cool for 15 minutes
- Remove cake from pan and let cool completely, about 1 hour
- Place on serving dish and drizzle lime glaze all over cake
- In a medium bowl add your powdered sugar and lime zest
- Whisk in your lime juice
- If you want it thinner, add a dash more of lime juice at a time until you receive the consistency you desire
- If you want it thicker, add a TBS spoon at a time of powdered sugar until you receive the consistency you desire
How do you strengthen your bonds/web of friendship?
You might like these too: