These lemon cheesecake bars are perfectly tangy and sweet with a buttery graham cracker crust. They’re perfect for a spring or summer time dessert!
Head to the bottom of the post for a fun giveaway!
You guys, its almost really summer – I know the first day of summer is a couple weeks away, but it always feels like summer starts around the end of may. Memorial day is just around the corner and school is probably ending in a week or two too. And that means summer and summer means…? It means I really want to be outside all the time, work on my tan, take a trip to the beach, enjoy picnics in the park and eat summery foods. Right?
Summery foods mean lemonade, and watermelon, and ice cream, and popsicles and these cheesecake bars. These lemon cheesecake bars are perfectly light, lemony and so good. I shared these lemon cheesecake bars a couple months ago over on SomewhatSimple and they are so good I just had to share them here with you too!
Cheesecake usually has a little bit of lemon juice to keep it nice and tangy anyway, but this cheesecake has extra juice and lemon zest to make it extra lemony and delicious. Its made with a buttery graham cracker crust that is topped with the creamiest lemon cheesecake. The cheesecake is perfectly tangy, and sweet. And its so good topped with a quick homemade whipped cream. Fresh berries would be great too!
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
- 8 graham cracker sheets (or 16 squares)
- 2 TBS sugar
- 3 TBS butter (melted)
For the Lemon Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBS flour
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juoce
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Press tinfoil into a 9inch square pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Crush your graham crackers using your food processor till a fine crumb is formed.
- Combine your graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, while preparing filling.
- Beat your cream cheese until smooth, for about 1 minute.
- Add in your egg, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar. (Add 1 to 2 drops of yellow food coloring if you want yellow colored bars)
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake in oven for 25 minutes until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Allow to set at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours, or overnight before slicing and serving.
I’m so excited, you guys! I’ve teamed up with 15 other bloggers to help celebrate The Emotional Baker’s 100th Recipe!
We’re giving away two prizes.
- Grand Prize: $100 Amazon Gift Card.
- 2nd Place: The Emotional Baker’s Favorite Baking Tools Prize Pack.
The 2nd place prize pack includes:
- One Camry High Accuracy Digital Kitchen Food Scale // $18.99 value
- One iSi Basics Flex-It Measuring Cups // $24.99 value
- One RSVP Endurance Spice Measuring Spoon Set // $13.95 value
- One Wilton ColorSwirl 3-Color Coupler 9-Piece Decorating Kit // $7.90 value
- One Chef’n Switchit Narrow Silicone Spatula // $9.99 value
Be sure to thank all of the awesome bloggers who helped to make this great giveaway possible: The Emotional Baker // Spoonful of Flavor // Eva Bakes // FIVEheartHOME // Cook Nourish Bliss // Beer Girl Cooks // The Seasoned Mom // No Spoon Necessary // Beaming Baker // Flavor the Moments // Fresh April Flours // Vanessa Baked // Brooklyn Farm Girl // The Semisweet Sisters // Just About Baked
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Earn entries by following the host bloggers on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One Grand Prize winner and one Second Place winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $75. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Grand Prize: Open to USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom.
Second Place: Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only.
If you like these cheesecake bars, you’ll love these other lemon desserts too!