I love rice krispie treats. I mean, what could be better than a crispy cereal covered in a gooey mixture of butter and marshmallow?
We had some friends over to watch the super bowl last week, and one of our friends is allergic to dairy and eggs, so I have a harder time finding treats I can make that she can eat. But as long as I buy dairy free margarine (something like Earth Balance Light) and use that instead of butter she can have these delicious rice krispie treats.
These are the best rice krispie treats I have ever had, because they are sooo gooey! The trick is to keep the heat fairly low on the stove so that the marshmallows don’t burn, and then we also add extra marshmallows at the end so that you get little bites of marshmallow throughout the rice krispie treats!
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 6½ cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- Melt your butter or margarine over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in 5 cups of marshmallows, and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted.
- Pour in your rice krispie cereal and remaining 1 and ½ cups mini marshmallows and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour cereal into a 9x13 in pan and press down evenly. (Don't squish too much!)
- Allow to set for a little bit to cool.
Enjoy the gooiest and best rice krispie treats!