This Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Balsamic Pork Roast is a flavorful, tender pork that in a delicious tangy sweet glaze! Perfect for an easy dinner everyone will love!
My 4 year old goes back to preschool in only about a week and a half! I never understood when parents would say how excited they were for their kids to go back to school, but I’m starting to get it. The routine and consistency that comes from having school, even if only 3 days a week is something I’m really looking forward to having again. I’ll definitely miss all the fun we’ve had this summer though. This summer we’ve been able to go camping, hiking, kayaking, fishing, swimming, visiting splash pads, and museums, and we’ve eaten our fair share of snow cones, and roasted hot dogs, and s’mores.
This brown sugar balsamic pork is a perfect meal no matter what time of year though. Its such an easy to make, by throwing all the ingredients into the slow cooker. Then a few hours later you’ve got a delicious dinner. Whether its a busy day running errands, and dropping kids off at school, or soccer practice, or a long day at the office, or a fun day swimming at the lake. Coming home to dinner pretty much ready is always a good idea.
After the pork cooks for a few hours in the crock pot it shreds so nicely, and is so tender. Then the only thing you have to do is make the glaze. You’ll just take the sauce leftover from the slow cooker and cook it up to thicken. Add in a little more extra brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to amplify those flavors in the sauce. Coat the shredded pork in the glaze and voila.
This brown sugar balsamic pork is so good eaten on its own, served over rice, or on a sandwich. I promise however you have it, you will love it!
- 1/4 large onion (chopped)
- 2 lbs boneless pork roast (any cut will work)
- 1 cup chicken, or pork broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the glaze:
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 TBS water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Place chopped onion into the slow cooker.
- Put pork on top of the onions.
- Combine chicken broth, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour liquid over the pork.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove pork and shred using two forks.
- Strain remaining sauce to discard any fat and onion pieces.
- Place sauce in a medium sized sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Whisk together 1 TBS cold water and 1 TBS corn starch and add into the sauce.
- Add additional brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to the sauce, and stir together.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over shredded pork and serve.