These creamy pulled pork taquitos are delicious crunch tortillas stuffed full of a creamy, cheesy seasoned pork mixture. They are delicious for lunch or dinner with your favorite toppings.
These pulled pork taquitos are such a yummy meal option that the whole family will love. They’re cheesy, flavorful, and easy to make too! They can be ready in about 30 minutes, by using up some leftover pulled pork meat which makes them a great meal option for a weeknight, or other busy days.
Pair these with a side salad, some Mexican rice, black beans, or refried beans, roasted veggies, corn salsa, or other easy sides to make a full meal of it.
I like using our leftover Mexican pulled pork for these taquitos by using it one day for tacos or salads, and whipping these up later in the week. But any lightly seasoned pulled pork will do – even bbq pulled pork meat would be yummy! If you make up a roast just for this recipe, I recommend seasoning it with some salt and pepper and taco seasoning to get a little flavor in there.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this Creamy Pulled Pork Taquito recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- cream cheese – the block kind, softened
- shredded pork – leftover pulled pork from another recipe is perfect for this.
- green salsa – usually in the aisle with enchilada sauces
- fresh lime juice
- shredded cheddar cheese – I use cheddar, but a Mexican blend, colby jack, pepper jack cheese, or whatever you prefer will work
- small tortillas – I prefer flour, but corn works great too and is more traditional.
How to make Creamy Pork Taquitos?
- Add softened cream cheese, pulled pork, green salsa, lime juice and cheese to a large bowl and stir them together until evenly mixed.
- Take one tortilla and add about 2 to 3 TBS of the pork mixture to the lower half of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla up as tight as you can and place them onto a baking sheet with the seam side down. Spray the tops of taquitos with non stick spray, and sprinkle the tops lightly with salt. Bake the taquitos until the tortillas are crispy and the inside mixture is hot and bubbly.
- Serve the warm taquitos with your favorite salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Tips and Tricks:
- Add additional mix-ins to your taquito mixture if desired. Some yummy options would be black beans, refried beans, or seasoned rice.
- Give your taquitos a spicy kick by adding some hot sauce, or minced adobo peppers to the shredded meat mix.
- If you want to use corn tortillas, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for about 1 minute to soften them and make them less likely to rip or tear when rolling.
- Top these taquitos with your favorite taco toppings, some of my favorites are green onions, diced cilantro, salsa verde, salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole.
How to fry Taquitos?
You can fry your taquitos in oil instead of baking them. This is a little bit messier, but you’ll have an extra crispy taquito shell.
Heat a wide and shallow pot with about 1/2 inch of oil to 350 F. Stick a toothpick through each of the taquitos to hold them together and keep them secure. Then add about 4 taquitos to the pot at a time. Fry them for 3 to 5 minutes, rotating half way through to cook both sides of the shell evenly, until they are golden brown.
How to store leftovers and make-ahead instructions:
Leftover taquitos can be stored in an airtight-container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can microwave the taquitos to reheat, but personally I recommend air frying them or baking them at 350 F to keep them crispy. Air fry them for about 4-6 minutes, or bake them for about 10 minutes.
These pork taquitos are a great make-ahead option. You can make the filling up to 2 days in advance and store it in the fridge in an airtight container before rolling up the taquitos and baking them when you’re ready.
You can also freeze the creamy pork filling, or the pre-rolled taquitos. Make the filling and roll up the taquitos as instructed, then lay them out on a lined baking pan and place the pan in the freezer for about 1 hour, or until frozen solid. Transfer the taquitos to a freezer safe bag, and freeze them for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to bake the taquitos pre-heat the oven to 425 F and bake the taquitos straight from the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until the tortillas are golden and crisp, and the insides are hot throughout.
These creamy pulled pork taquitos are delicious, flavorful and so easy to make. A perfect dinner option that will be ready in 30 minutes!
More easy dinner recipes:
- Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Crescent Rolls
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Walking Tacos
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Creamy Pulled Pork Taquitos
- 3 cups Mexican Pulled Pork
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup green salsa
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- 15 small flour tortillas (6 inches each)
- sea salt
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the pulled pork, shredded cheese, cream cheese, salsa, and lime juice to a large bowl and stir them together until mixed evenly.
- Add about 2-3 TBS of the creamy pork mixture to the bottom half of a tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla up tightly. Place it seam side down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray, and sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- Bake the taquitos for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden and crispy, and the filling is hot.
- Serve the taquitos topped with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
These creamy pulled pork taquitos were first posted on November 4, 2011. The photos and text were updated for clarity on February 22, 2023.