When you need a luxurious dessert without the fuss, this no bake chocolate cheesecake is the perfect solution! The cheesecake is quick, easy, and so delicious with a silky chocolate cheesecake filling on top of a crunchy Oreo cookie crust.
This chocolate cheesecake is decadent, light, and fluffy and is a perfect no bake dessert. It’s a great option for a summer dessert when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen, or as an easy make ahead dessert for the Thanksgiving table.
Top the cheesecake with extra whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or fresh berries to really take it to the next level.
Why is this Chocolate Cheesecake the Best?
- The best creamy texture. A fluffy, creamy, and smooth texture in every bite.
- No stress. No water bath, no cracking, no stress. This cheesecake turns out every time.
- Rich chocolate flavor. Chocolate cookie crust and a rich chocolate cheesecake filling.
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients:
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Oreo cookies – you’ll want about 300g of Oreo cookies, or 2 cups of Oreo crumbs. You can grind them into fine crumbs in the food processor or blender.
- melted butter – this glues our crust together, you can use salted or unsalted butter
- cream cheese – let your cream cheese sit at room temperature a bit before blending for best results. Use full fat cream cheese for a richer, and thicker cheesecake. A light cream cheese will yield a softer cheesecake.
- semi sweet or dark chocolate – use a high quality chocolate bar, and chop it up. But you can use high quality chocolate chips if needed.
- heavy cream – you need heavy whipping cream, at least 30-35% fat
- vanilla extract – adds a little flavor
- powdered sugar – this sweetens the cheesecake and helps hold it all together
How to make No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake?
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and stir it together. Press the mixture into a lined and greased 9inch springform pan, evenly across the bottom and slightly up the sides of the pan. Place it in the fridge to chill while you make the chocolate cheesecake filling.
- Add the chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips into a medium bowl. In a microwave safe bowl add 1/2 cup of the heavy cream and microwave for about 45 seconds until it is hot. Pour the warm heavy cream over the chocolate and let it sit for a couple minutes, then stir them together until combined.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with a stand mixer, or hand mixer, until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate ganache and mix it all together until it is well combined.
- In another bowl, whip the remaining heavy cream until it has stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate cream cheese mixture and then carefully spread the mixture into prepared crust.
- Chill the cheesecake for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Add more whipped cream to the top of the cheesecake. You can also add chocolate shavings, chocolate syrup, fresh berries, etc. when you’re serving.
Tips and Tricks:
- Quality Chocolate. Use a high quality chocolate for a richer and more flavorful cheesecake.
- Chill Time. Give your cheesecake plenty of time to chill in the fridge to make sure it is solid enough to slice into. You can also freeze it for one to two hours to get it extra solid, but don’t do longer than that or it will be harder to eat.
This is a great make ahead dessert, because it needs to chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or overnight. You can store it the first time, or any leftovers in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for 3 to 4 days.
You can also freeze this no-bake cheesecake. You can wrap the whole cheesecake, or individual slices in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and it should stay good for 3 months. I like to wrap individual slices, then I can thaw one slice at a time when that chocolate craving strikes. Thaw it in the fridge for a couple hours before enjoying.
You can use your preferred type of chocolate to customize your cheesecake to your preferences. I recommend using a high quality chocolate bar and chopping it up, but you can also use chocolate chips if needed.
You can use a store-bought chocolate cookie crust if you prefer. Those are usually sold in pie plates, so you will have extra cheesecake filling. You can buy two crusts, or just enjoy the extra chocolate filling in a bowl.
This no-bake chocolate cheesecake is easily made gluten free by using Gluten Free Oreos, or other brands of chocolate gluten free cookies.
This no-bake chocolate cheesecake is one of the best chocolate desserts, and you don’t even have to turn on the oven! This dessert is sure to impress your friends and family with its chocolatey goodness!
More no bake desserts:
- No Bake Cheesecake with Strawberry Cheesecake Topping
- Snickers Pie
- No bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Oreo Crust:
- 6 TBS butter
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
For the Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 cups heavy cream (divided)
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened – 2 blocked)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (thawed)
For the Oreo Crust:
- Place a piece of parchment paper into the bottom of a 9inch springform pan. Spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- Using a food processor, blend Oreos into a fine crumb.
- Add the Oreo crumbs and melted butter into a medium sized bowl and stir them together until the crumbs stick together.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared pan and press down evenly to cover the bottom and slightly up the sides.
- Put in refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes.
For the Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- Put 1/2 cup of the heavy cream into a small microwave safe bowl, and microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, until hot, but watch it close so it doesn't boil over.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and let it sit for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir them together until smooth. If it wasn't hot enough to melt all the chocolate you can microwave in 15 second increments. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes until it is smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and melted chocolate and mix it together on low speed until combined.
- In another bowl add the remaining heavy cream and whip it with a stand mixer, or hand mixer, until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the chocolate cheesecake mixture until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Top with more whipped cream when serving, if desired.