This No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake is an easy, no bake dessert with a crunchy chocolate cookie crust, and creamy, minty, cheesecake filling. It’s delicious topped with whipped cream, and chocolate syrup.
This mint chocolate cheesecake is made with out any baking, hence the name, no bake cheesecake. All you need to do is a little stirring, mixing, folding, and chilling and you end up with a light, and creamy mint chocolate cheesecake.
The flavor profiles of this mint chocolate cheesecake are similar to what you’d get in a regular baked cheesecake, a tangy, but sweet, cream cheese filling – of course, this one is mint flavored. But the texture is different than a baked cheesecake. It’s more similar in texture to a fluffy mousse, than a typical dense piece of cheesecake – but I promise it’s still so delicious, and much easier than a baked cheesecake too.
Ingredients Needed to make Mint Chocolate Cheesecake:
- Oreo cookies
- unsalted butter
- cream cheese
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- cool whip – you can substitute a homemade whipped cream, you’ll want about 3 cups of whipped cream
- mini chocolate chips
How to make No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake?
Star by making the chocolate cookie crust. Crush up some Oreo cookies (cream filling and all) in a food processor or blender, or even hammering them with a food mallet in a zip top bag. Once they’re nice and crumbly add them to a bowl, and add in the melted butter and stir them together.
Pour the mixture into the bottom of a greased spring form pan, and spread it out evenly. Press it down on the bottom, and slightly up the sides of the pan. I like to use a rubber spatula or a greased bottom of a cup to press it down. Place it in the fridge to chill for about 15 to 20 minutes, then make your cheesecake filling.
Add the softened cream cheese blocks to a mixing bowl (a stand mixer works great, but you’ll at least need a hand mixer) and beat it until it’s nice and smooth. Add in the sugar, vanilla extract, mint extract, and a couple drops of food coloring. Mix it together for a couple of minutes, until it’s all nice and creamy.
Add in the cool whip, and carefully fold it into the cheesecake mixture, stirring softly to keep the mixture nice and fluffy still. Fold in mini chocolate chips, if you’re using them.
Scoop the mixture into the prepared crust, and spread it out to the edges, and smooth out the top. Place the cheesecake into the fridge to chill for at least 8 hours, up to overnight. (I usually do about 12 hours).
When you’re ready to serve up the cheesecake, carefully remove the sides of the spring form pan, and slice it into pieces and serve. I like to top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream, and sprinkle that with some more chocolate chips. Add additional toppings as desired.
Tips for making No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake:
- Make sure to bring your cream cheese blocks to room temperature. This will help you will mixing them up, keeping your cheesecake free from lumps.
- I prefer the flavor of peppermint extract over mint extract, but you can also use mint extract. Don’t use spearmint extract or your cheesecake will taste like toothpaste.
- Since this dessert is egg free you can taste it after you add everything and if you want a stronger mint flavor, add a little more extract.
- I usually use a 9inch spring form pan for this no bake mint cheesecake. You can also use a 10inch spring form, you’ll simply end up with a thinner crust and filling layer. You can also use a deep dish pie pan. You may end up with a little leftover filling if you use a pie pan, I like to eat it straight with Oreos or graham crackers.
- Try adding pink or red food coloring instead of green if you’re making this cheesecake for Christmas time. It will look like a peppermint dessert. Try adding chopped peppermints on top of the cheesecake too.
- Try topping the cheesecake with more chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, Andes mints (whole or chopped)
How to store No Bake Mint Cheesecake?
All cheesecakes need to be stored in the fridge. This one should be able to be stored in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days, just make sure to cover the cheesecake tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from soaking in any fridge flavors, or smells. This makes it a great make ahead dessert because it tastes just as good after a few days as it does after the initial chilling time.
How to freeze No Bake Cheesecake?
This cheesecake can also be frozen. Wrap the cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap, then in foil. Place it in the freezer for up to 2 months. I like to wrap up individual slices, so that I can thaw one or two slices as needed when I’m craving something sweet. The mint cheesecake can be eaten straight from frozen, or by letting it thaw a couple hours in the fridge.
This mint chocolate cheesecake is such a yummy an easy dessert. It’s so light, creamy, and minty. So perfect paired with the chocolate crust, and mini chocolate chips throughout. It’s great when you need an easy dessert, or for serving up at a barbecue, potluck, Easter dinner, Christmas party, you name it!
More Mint Desserts?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Oreo Cookie Crust:
- 28 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 TBS butter (melted - 1 stick)
For the Mint Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese (softened - 2 blocked)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 8 oz cool whip (thawed)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (+ more for topping if desired)
For the Oreo Cookie Crust:
- Using a food processor, pulse your Oreo cookies (including the filling) until they are a fine crumb.
- Add the Oreo crumbs, and melted butter to a medium sized bowl. Stir it together until combined.
- Pour the Oreo crumbs into a 9 inch springform pan and press down evenly to cover the bottom and slightly up the sides.
- Put the pan into the refrigerator until firm, about 15 - 20 minutes.
For the Mint Cheesecake Filling:
- Beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until nice and smooth, in a large bowl. Use a stand mixer, or hand mixer.
- Add the sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Mix them together for another 2-3 minutes until nice and smooth.
- Add in the cool whip, and gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust. Spread it evenly to the edges, and across the top of the cheesecake to smooth.
- When ready to serve remove the springform pan from the sides, and slice the cheesecake into slices to serve.
- Serve topped with your choice of toppings, whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, etc.