These copycat peanut butter chocolate chip larabars are as good as the original. They’re just four ingredients, and packed full of flavor, and are a perfect afternoon snack!
These homemade peanut butter chocolate chip larabars are a perfect healthy homemade snack. They’re no bake, and so easy to make with just 4 ingredients and a food processor. They’re a great snack to keep on hand for an afternoon, afterschool, after work snack.
These homemade peanut butter chocolate chip larabars are naturally gluten free, vegan, and dairy free (if you use dairy free chocolate chips). Some good dairy free chocolate chip options that you can find at most grocery stores are Enjoy Life Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips, or Nestle Toll House Allergen Free Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips)
What do I need to make copycat peanut butter chocolate chip larabars?
The same ingredients as used by the Larabar brand, you only need 4 ingredients to make these bars at home. You need:
- dates – you can often find them in the produce section, or packaged with the dry fruit.
- mini chocolate chips
- sea salt
How to make homemade peanut butter chocolate chip larabars?
Get everything ready by lining a 9x9inch baking pan with parchment paper, and getting out your ingredients. If necessary pit your dates. Soak them if they aren’t very soft.
Add your dates to a food processor, then add in your peanuts, and sea salt. Blend on high until you have a soft dough, it should be sticky, but not too wet. Scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed. Let the mixture cool down for a few minutes at room temperature, or in the fridge, then add in most of the chocolate chips. Pulse one or two more times to get the chocolate chips into the dough.
Then press the mixture into the prepared pan, and press it down evenly with your hands. Press additional chocolate chips into the top of the bars. Place the pan into the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then slice the bars into even pieces.
How to store homemade peanut butter chocolate chip larabars?
Wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap, then store them all in a big ziptop bag in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You can also store them in the same way, in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Tips for making peanut butter chocolate chip larabars?
- If your dates aren’t already very soft, you’ll want to soak them in a bowl covered in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain out the water, and pat the fruit dry with paper towels.
- If you prefer the flavor of almonds or cashews, you can substitute out the peanuts for one of those nuts instead.
- You can leave the chocolate chips out of these for delicious peanut butter flavored bar, without the chocolate. This will keep them totally refined sugar free.
These peanut butter chocolate chip larabars are such a delicious snack. They’re only 4 ingredients, so easy to make, and are perfect for keeping on hand as a midmorning or afternoon snack.
More No Bake Snack Ideas:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Monster Cookie Granola Bites
- Almond Joy Energy Balls
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Copycat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
- 2 cups dates (I used 20 mejool dates, but I think other types should work fine)
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 TBS mini chocolate chips
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste)
- Line a 8x8inch pan with parchment paper.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes if they aren't soft. Dry them off with paper towels.
- Add the dates and peanuts to a food processor and pulse on high power until you have a nice soft paste. Scrape the sides and bottom with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Put the bowl into the fridge to chill for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mini chocolate chips to the mixture (I saved about 1/2 TBS for the top of the bars), and pulse them into the mixture, or fold them in with a rubber spatula.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan, evenly. Press additional chocolate chips to the top of the bars.
- Place the bars in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut the bars and enjoy.
Leave a Reply