This peanut butter granola is the perfect thing for breakfast, or a snack. It’s a little sweet, crunchy, and so delicious -perfect on it’s own, with milk, yogurt, or in a parfait.
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. It’s a great day to get energy for the day. I love starting my morning with a bowl of yogurt and this yummy peanut butter granola.
This homemade peanut butter granola is a little sweet, and bursting with peanut butter flavor in every bite. It’s crunchy, and so delicious.
I love eating it on it’s own, by the handful, or enjoying it with a bowl or milk, or some yogurt.
Peanut butter is a great breakfast option because it has 8 grams of protein, plus over 30 essential nutrients and phytonutrients. It’s easy to add to your day when you start your day with this delicious granola. Heck, go for a smoothie or yogurt bowl with banana, and berries, and this granola on top and drizzle even more peanut butter on top too 😉
How to make Peanut Butter Granola?
- Combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil, in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds, then stir it smooth. Stir in the vanilla extra and salt.
- Add the oats and chopped peanuts to a large bowl.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top and stir it all together to coat the mixture evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet. Bake the granola for about 30 minutes, stirring half way through. Let the granola cool completely, then break into pieces and enjoy.
Tips for making Peanut Butter Granola:
- You can substitute agave instead of the pure maple syrup.
- You can use coconut oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil.
- I recommend using old fashioned oats. Don’t use quick oats, instant oats, 1 minute, or 3 minute oats as they will be too soft in the granola.
- Peanuts can be swapped for a different nut, or you can leave them out completely.
- You can store the granola in an aitright container, or ziptop bag for up to 3 weeks.
- You can also freeze the peanut butter granola for up to 3 months in a freezer safe ziptop bag. Let it thaw at room temperature over night before enjoying.
This peanut butter granola is so crunchy, peanut buttery and delicious. It’s perfect for breakfast or a snack. And is almost addictive!
More granola recipes
- Simple homemade granola
- Coconut Almond Granola
- Banana Granola
- Dark Chocolate Granola on Minimalist Baker
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peanut Butter Granola
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBS coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the salt and vanilla into the peanut butter mixture.
- Add the oats and peanuts to a large bowl. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top of the oats and stir it together to fully coat the granola in the mixture.
- Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 20-30 minutes until the granola is golden brown. Stirring once, half way through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Break into pieces and enjoy immediately, or store in a ziptop bag or other airtight container for up to 2 to 3 weeks.
This peanut butter granola was first posted on September 25, 2014. The photos and text were updated on May 15, 2021.
This peanut butter granola was originally sponsored by the National Peanut Butter Board. All opinions are my own.