Banana granola is the perfect breakfast or snack, it tastes just like a slice of banana bread, with the perfect banana flavor in ever single bite. It’s crunchy, packed full of nuts and so delicious!
Homemade granola is one of my favorite things to make, It’s crunchy, flavorful and so much better for you than the store bought stuff.
I love making different flavors of granola too, our simple granola recipe, peanut butter granola, coconut granola, strawberry granola or chocolate granola. They’re all so different and all so delicious!
This banana granola is one of my newest favorites. It’s got actual banana mashed up into the wet mixture for the granola. And it’s packed full of dried banana chips and crunchy nuts for the perfect banana flavor in every single bite.
It’s like a slice of banana bread all wrapped up in crunchy granola! Perfect for a delicious snack or breakfast option!
How to make banana granola?
This banana nut granola is only 9 ingredients to make and only takes about 5 minutes of active work. You’ll mix together your mashed banana, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla.
In a separate bowl combine your oats, chopped walnuts, and dried banana chips. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir it all together until the oats are fully coated.
Spread it all onto a cookie sheet and bake it up for about an hour. Stirring once throughout.
Once the granola is done allow it all to cool completely on the pan. The granola may not be crunchy throughout but it will crunch up as it cools in the pan.
Now it’s ready to enjoy immediately or store it in an airtight container till needed.
How long does the granola last?
The banana granola will stay good in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Store it in a tightly sealed ziplock bag or other airtight container, like pyrex, or a glass canning jar.
Can this granola be frozen?
This banana nut granola can be frozen in small freezer safe ziplock bags or containers for up to 2 months. Remove as much air as you can from the containers, or use vacuum sealed bags with a vacuum sealer.
Let the granola thaw on the counter overnight at room temperature before serving.
You can serve the granola like a bowl of cereal with some milk, over some yogurt with some fresh fruit, on top of a frozen fruit smoothie, or enjoy it by the handful.
Looking for more Banana Recipes?
- Banana Cake
- Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Bananas Foster Recipe (on Sugar and Soul)
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 6 TBS honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup banana chips (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine the mashed banana, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine oats, walnuts, and banana chips.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir until the oats are fully coated.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly over a cookie sheet, sprayed with non stick spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring half way through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart into pieces.
- Store in a ziplock bag or other air tight container.