How to make peppermint bark chocolate chip cookies?
Looking for more Christmas Cookie Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Peppermint Bark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 7.9 oz Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark Squares (unwrapped and chopped up)
- 1/4 cup chopped candy cane pieces
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large mixing bowl for about 2 minutes till nice and light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract (and peppermint extract, if using). Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix till you have a soft dough.
- Fold in the Ghiradelli Chocolate Chips and Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark Square Pieces.
- Scoop cookie dough into 2 TBS sized balls, and roll the balls. Place them on a cookie sheet. About 9 per sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the tops start to set.
- Place a couple Ghiradelli chocolate chips and Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark Square Pieces on top of each cookie, for looks.
- Sprinkle cookies with chopped candy cane pieces
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.