These pumpkin cake mix cookies are so good! They’re only 4 ingredients, so moist, and soft, and fluffy and are the perfect easy pumpkin treat!
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are made with a cake mix, making them extra easy! They’re perfect when you need a quick treat. The cookies are soft, delicious, and practically melt in your mouth.
They’re like a mix of muffins and cookies, and are nice and cakey, and so delicious! Who doesn’t love pumpkin and chocolate together?!
Here’s our full pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe if you want to go all out, but these cookies are a great substitute for when you’re in a hurry!
You might’ve all seen the recipes for pumpkin cookies made with a cake mix already, all you need is a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin, right? Well these cookies add in a little bit of oil, just one extra ingredient – but it makes all the difference, and gives you nice, soft, and moist pumpkin cookies, not dry and dense pumpkin cookies. Sounds much better, right?
How to make Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies?
These cookies couldn’t be easier to make, basically you mix everything together in a large bowl until they’re combined. Then scoop small ballfulls of cookie dough onto a lined cookie sheet.
Bake it up until the tops start to crack (and you can check if they are done by pushing one in lightly with a finger and it should bounce back. Then let them cool for a couple minutes, and enjoy!
Tips for making Pumpkin Cookies with Cake Mix:
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not a can of pumpkin pie filling.
- Instead of adding chocolate chips (or maybe in addition) add a cream cheese frosting on top of the cookies. This cream cheese frosting recipe is delicious.
- If you don’t have a spice cake mix on hand you can use a yellow cake mix instead, just make sure to add in 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to get the full flavor.
- You could also add in white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, butterscotch chips, cranberries, walnuts, pecans, etc. instead of chocolate chips.
- These cookies can be stored at room temperature, in a container with a loose lid. They’re so moist, that they get extra sticky with a tight lid, but they are still delicious. You can store them for up to 4 days.
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are made with a cake mix, making them extra easy, and extra delicious. They’re moist, fluffy, soft, pumpkinny, and so delicious. The perfect treat to make all fall season long!
LOOKING FOR MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES
- Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Cake with a Cake Mix
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
CONNECT WITH LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz box Spice Cake Mix
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or a silicone liner, and set it aside.
- Add the cake mix, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil to a large bowl and stir them all together until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough into portions about 1 TBS in size, and place them onto the prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops just begin to crack.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone.