These rainbow fruit parfaits are a great way to have a healthier treat, and a deliciously beautiful way to eat the rainbow.
It’s almost March and that means it’s time to share all things rainbow, and green, so we can celebrate St. Patrick’s day in style. Like last year, I made some rainbow fruit kabobs and rainbow pizza. These rainbow fruit parfaits are the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s day in a healthier way!
I love finding fun and delicious ways to enjoy the different colors of fruits and vegetables available, and these rainbow fruit parfaits are the perfect way to start, or end your day.
There are so many fun and colorful fruits you could use in these rainbow parfaits.
- For the Red fruit: raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, pomegranate arils
- For the Orange fruit: mandarin orange slices, cantaloupe, mangoes
- For the Yellow fruit: pineapple, peach, bananas
- For the Green fruit: kiwi, green grapes, green apples, honeydew
- For the Blue fruit: blueberries, dark purple/blue grapes, blackberries
- For the Purple: purple grapes, plums, purple figs
Your kids will love eating these fun colorful parfaits, or you could let them make their own as well! They’d be the perfect after school, or afternoon treat.
And they’re even pretty enough for a party, and serving to adults too. 😉
How to make Rainbow Fruit Parfaits?
You will need some clear glasses to stack your fruit in. I chose tall glasses, but you could make thinner layers of each fruit in shorter glasses as well.
You will first spread a layer of sweetened whipped cream (like cool whip) in the bottom of the glass. (It’s a little tricky not to get any on the sides of the cup if you use a skinny one like I did – so use a small spoon, or squeeze it out of a ziplock bag with the end clipped)
If you want your treat to be even healthier, instead of using cool whip for the “cloud” layers you could use yogurt for a fruit and yogurt parfait. Any favor of white yogurt will work, I love vanilla the most.
You will chop your bigger fruits into small bite sized pieces. Then layer the fruit color by color, one at a time. We will work our way through the rainbow backwards, by starting with purple, and making our way up to the red. Then when you’re done you’ll top your red fruit with a little more whipped cream.
And now your delicious fruit parfaits are ready to enjoy.
The recipe below is enough to make 1 parfait worth, but obviously you can make as many parfaits as you need for people you are serving.
Looking for more rainbow recipes:
- Rainbow Fruit Kabobs
- Rainbow Fruit Salad
- Rainbow Waffles by Dinner then Dessert
- Rainbow Smoothie The First Year
- Rainbow Cupcakes by Dessert now Dinner Later
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Rainbow Fruit Parfaits
- 6 TBS sweetened whipped cream (like cool whip, divided)
- 1/4 cup purple grapes
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 kiwi (peeled, and sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 mandarin orange (peeled)
- 2 large strawberries (hulled, and sliced)
- Rinse and pat dry fruit. Prepare.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the whipped cream into the bottom of a tall glass.
- Sprinkle grapes over the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle blueberries over the grapes.
- Place kiwi over the blueberries.
- Then pineapple slices.
- Then mandarin orange slices.
- Then strawberries.
- Add the remaining whipped cream on top and enjoy immediately!