Individualize your kebabs with your favorite vegetables and this teriyaki chicken to grill tonight.
When I think of summer foods I think of grilled foods. Nothing is better than going into the yard or going to the park, firing up the grill and cooking up some meat. Whether you are grilling hamburgers, ribs, or bbq chicken. One of my favorite meals to cook on the grill is kebabs. I love kebabs because you can load them up with a bunch of delicious vegetables and some delicious meat and throw them on the grill with your favorite sauce. We like to add chicken, pork or beef. Our vegetable choices are usually a mix of peppers, onions, squash and sometimes we add pineapple too! And then we like teriyaki sauce, bbq sauce, or whatever. For this recipe, or more of a guideline I chose to do teriyaki chicken and vegetable kebabs. But feel free to switch it up a little, however you want.
Today is the final day, Day #6 of Kick Off to Summer Week, a multi-blogger event co-host by Lauren of From Gate to Plate and Summer of Summer Scraps. With summer quickly approaching and Memorial Day in a few weeks, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your Memorial Day activities. For the past six days we have been serving up a variety of different appetizers, main dishes, desserts, decor, printables and more all centered around the up-coming Memorial Day. We hope you enjoyed all of these wonderful ideas and thank you for tuning in each day.
Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 onion
For the Marinade:
- 2/3 cup yoshidas sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 sprinkle ground red pepper
- Cut chicken, and vegetables into approx. 1 inch squares.
- Combine yoshidas, soy sauce, garlic and ground red pepper in a small bowl.
- Put chicken in a bowl and cover it with about half of your sauce mixture. Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Put chicken and vegetables onto kebab sticks (if you are using wooden sticks, soak them in water for about 10 minutes before) rotating through each ingredient.
- Place prepared kebabs onto grill preheated to about 400 degrees.
- Cook kebabs for about 15 minutes on the grill, rotating every few minutes.
- Brush with remaining marinade throughout.
- Cook until chicken is completely cooked through.
Enjoy this easy, delicious and healthy meal cooked on the grill!