This patriotic white chocolate popcorn is coated in white chocolate, and filled with lots and lots of red, white, and blue m&ms and sprinkles.
It’s almost the Fourth of July!! I figured it’s time for me to share this delicious patriotic white chocolate popcorn with you guys. I love this popcorn, because first it’s covered in white chocolate, and second, it’s packed full of milk chocolate m&ms.
I first shared this popcorn over at Somewhat Simple a few years back, but I had to share it with you here too!
Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks, and if you love popcorn too, you need to try this red, white, and blue popcorn, or our easy caramel popcorn, or sweet and salty popcorn balls. And sometimes I love popcorn with just a little oil and salt too.
White chocolate popcorn might be my favorite type of popcorn though. This patriotic popcorn is white chocolate popcorn, filled with lots and lots of red, white, and blue m&ms. If you can’t find any Fourth of July m&ms, you can also grab a regular bag of m&ms and pick out the red and blue m&ms from that bag.
You could also change the colors of the m&ms, for lots of different occasions – red and green for Christmas, pink and red for Valentine’s Day, etc. Or it would be fun to add all the m&m colors from a regular bag, for a delicious snacky treat anytime you want it!
How to make Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn?
First you’ll pop your popcorn. You can pop it in the microwave in a paper bag, on the stove top, or by using an air popper. Or you can even use your favorite microwave popcorn. You’ll want 12 cups of popped popcorn.
Then you’ll melt your white chocolate chips, you can also use white candy melts, though I prefer the flavor of white chocolate. Melt it in the microwave in a small microwave safe bowl in 30 second increment, stirring after each, until you can stir it totally smooth and creamy. Mine usually takes about 1.5 minutes.
Pour the white chocolate over the top of the popcorn in a large bowl, and fold it, and stir it, and mix it all together until the popcorn pieces are evenly coated with white chocolate.
Pour about 2/3 of your m&ms, and sprinkles into the bowl and stir to spread them evenly into the popcorn. Pour the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner and then sprinkle the rest of the m&ms and sprinkles evenly over the top of the popcorn. Allow the popcorn to sit until the chocolate is set and hardened. Then break into pieces and enjoy.
This red white and blue patriotic popcorn is the perfect treat to make for a Fourth of July barbecue, or even to snack on while you’re watching the Fourth of July fireworks. Anyway you have it, I just know you will love this tasty treat.
Looking for more patriotic recipes?
- Red White and Blueberry Cheesecake
- Red White and Blue Jello Cups
- American Flag Cake
- Red White and Blue Trifle
- Firecracker Cookies
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (makes 12 cups popcorn)
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 cup red, white, and blue m&ms
- 1/4 cup red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Pop your popcorn kernels in the microwave or in an airpopper. Pour into a large bowl.
- Put your white chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until nice and creamy,
- Pour melted white chocolate over popcorn and stir together to coat popcorn evenly.
- Pour in 2/3 the red, white, and blue m&ms, and sprinkles.
- Pour popcorn onto a cookie sheet, or counter top lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Sprinkle remaining m&ms and sprinkles evenly over the top of the popcorn.
- Allow popcorn to set until chocolate is hardened, then break into pieces and enjoy.
- Store any leftovers in a ziplock bag, or container with a lid.
This patriotic white chocolate popcorn was first posted on June 22, 2015. The photos were updated on June 17, 2020.
Abe @ ThatchersGourmetPopcorn says
I love making these Patriotic Popcorn using strawberry, blueberry and vanilla flavors rather than using white chocolate and sprinkles as that become too rich in fat, but definitely going to try this way too as that will be loved by Kids.
Looks so delicious I will definitely try this popcorn can u please share the recipe of turkish delight
Thanks Misty! I haven’t ever made Turkish delight, so I don’t currently have a recipe
Kim @ MomCanIHaveThat says
I love popcorn, too – with lots of melted ghee! This recipe sounds so yummy! My kids would absolutely go bonkers for it. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe.