These Reese’s Stuffed Cookies are giant chocolate chip and peanut butter chip cookies stuffed with a big Reese’s peanut butter cup in the middle.
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup stuffed cookies are giant cookies loaded with peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and stuffed with a full sized peanut butter cup. It’s such a fun surprise when you bite into the already delicious cookie, and find a full on peanut butter cup in the middle!
The cookie itself is 6 TBS of cookie dough, making it extra large, and extra delicious! Perfect served with a glass of cold milk.
The cookie starts with the same base as my other giant cookies, cold butter, cornstarch (to make it extra soft), and other traditional chocolate chip (drop style) cookie ingredients. Which means you don’t even need to chill the dough on these cookies. From start to finish you can be eating one in about 25 to 30 minutes or less. And you really can’t beat that!
These cookies are soft and gooey when eaten warm, with perfect lightly crunchy edges. They’re soft giant cookies, and so delicious you won’t be able to say no!
How to make Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Add the cold butter and sugars to a large mixing bowl and mix them together until they are totally combined, but it won’t be totally fluffy since the butter is cold.
Add in the eggs, and vanilla extract and stir until they are just combined.
Then add in the flour (don’t forget to spoon and level it to measure so you don’t over measure), cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir it all together until you have a nice and soft cookie dough.
Fold in the most of the chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. (I like to leave maybe 1/4 cup of each out so I can add them on top of the cookies later for appearances).
Scoop the dough into 6 TBS sized pieces and break those in half. Flatten each half a little and place a peanut butter cup onto one. Cover the peanut butter cup with the rest of the cookie dough, on top, and all around the sides. The roll it into a ball as best as you can.
Press a few extra chocolate chips and peanut butter chips on to the top of each cookie, for looks.
Place 6 of the cookie dough balls on a prepared cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies until they look set, and the tops are slightly golden. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for about 5-8 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool more, or eat them then to enjoy them extra warm and delicious!
Don’t forget the milk!
Tips for making Reese’s Stuffed Cookies:
- Make sure to spoon the flour into the measuring cup, then level off the top with a knife to make sure your flour isn’t getting extra packed into the cup, and over measured.
- Instead of peanut butter chips, try adding Reese’s Pieces.
- To make my cookies extra pretty I always top them with a few extras. I like to add 3-4 of each the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips to the tops of these cookie dough balls (before baking). But you can also add some after they bake when you can see how the cookies have settled.
- You could also use Miniature Reese’s Cups instead of “Snack Size”/ Full size cups and use about half as much dough to make 28 regular sized cookies instead of 14 large ones.
How to store Reese’s Stuffed Cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container or zip top bag at room temperature for up to 4 days. Let the cookies cool completely before storing them.
The cookies can also be frozen. Let them cool completely, and store them in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. You can thaw them at room temperature, or in the microwave or oven to make them warm again.
You can also store the cookie dough. Prepare the cookie dough balls, with the peanut butter cups in the middle and you can store them in the fridge for about 5 days. Or in the freezer for about 6 months. Add a couple minutes extra to the baking time if you don’t bring the balls to room temperature first.
These Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best of the best. For all peanut butter and chocolate lovers, these big cookies are loaded with peanut butter and chocolate in pretty much every bite. They’re large, delicious, and so irresistible.
More giant cookie recipes:
- Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Biscoff Cookies
- Crumbl Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Levain Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Reese's Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 TBS vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 14 full sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (unwrapped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a half cookie sheet or two with a nonstick liner, or parchment paper, and set aside.
- Cut your butter into slices, and add the slices and sugars to a large mixing bowl and beat them together for about 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and mix them together until you have a nice cookie dough.
- Add in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, and fold them into the batter.
- Scoop the dough into 6 TBS sized sections, and break those in half. Flatten one half and place an unwrapped peanut butter cup. Press the second half of the cookie dough over the top of the peanut butter cup and around the sides to cover it completely. Roll it into a ball as best you can.
- Place 6 cookie balls onto the prepared sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden and set.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes as they will continue cooking, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely, or enjoy warm.