This Shamrock Shake is a delicious minty milkshake that is a homemade version of the fun Mcdonald’s St. Patrick’s Day milkshake!
Every year sometime in February Mcdonald’s re-releases their famous mint Shamrock Shake and it does not disappoint. With only 4 ingredients (plus 3 more for garnish) this homemade shamrock shake recipe is delicious and you actually know what’s going inside your bodies.
You can use mint or peppermint extract for this shake. Mint extract is usually a mix of both spearmint and peppermint which gives it a milder mint flavor, but sometimes the strong spearment flavor has a bit of a toothpaste flavor. Mint extract seems closer to the original from McDonald’s than peppermint extract. I usually prefer peppermint extract for minty desserts, but it is a bit stronger, so you might want to try both flavors to see which you prefer.
This shamrock shake is the perfect treat to make at home for St. Patrick’s Day with its gorgeous green color and minty flavor.
Top the shake with whipped cream, some green sanding sugar, and maraschino cherry!
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp mint extract (or peppermint)
- 5 drops green food coloring (or more depending how dark you want the color)
- whipped cream
- green sanding sugar
- 2-3 marsaschino cherries
- Add ice cream, milk, mint extract, food coloring to a blender.
- Mix on high until the mixture is creamy and everything is blended well.
- Separate shake into 2 or 3 cups.
- Top with whipped cream, green sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry.
Leave a Reply